World of Warcraft - Cordana Felsong

kialna

Sr Member
Hia..

so... I have had a problem where I started costumes and failed to continue them and then scrap them. I've had several of those now...and I actually kind of wanted to wait with posting about this one until I was done, but I might need some help down the line. However, I've planned this one ahead quite a bit and thus building it is relatively gone quick. I've maybe worked 5 days in total on this thing, cosplanner gives me 23 hours and a few minutes. The first day was mostly calculating and figuring out stuff and what I wanted to do. Making sure I can make the deadline with limited time. Considering I'm much further ahead of schedule than I thought, I actually have the hope to make it and not panic. Without further ado...here are pics of the construction and character.

qdlJVJM.jpg

nII3mJ2.jpg

and here we go!

9zQg99Qh.jpg

1NOvhMGh.jpg

J1kfOduh.jpg

J8JbiG5h.jpg

AI0RLVQh.jpg

sH1zus7h.jpg

6R0Vhjah.jpg

fum9p9jh.jpg

O1y5Ev2h.jpg

wIVR18vh.jpg

9rSVF2Xh.jpg

NJjIHGmh.jpg

KMykqzth.jpg

m2hUtOWh.jpg

3dmMXYEh.jpg

hlpxLH7h.jpg

yqn8vV2h.jpg

1BHe1NVh.jpg

X9pf4pGh.jpg

And that's where I am right now. Tomorrow I'll do the lower pauldrons and some detail work on the chest & belt probably. The next bit to tackle would be the helmet. I need to re-do that one, because I messed up. But no biggie. We'll get there. I hope to go fabric shopping in 2 weeks time for the fabric parts of this costume.

I see some of the proportions are off, but it's near impossible to get it right with World of Warcraft. I'm going to suit up and see if I can get a good picture with more detail visible today.

Edit:
gVOKZPul.jpg

The hip armour sagged before I noticed :lol
It's not too bad actually.

Last edited:
Thanks people! Tried some work on the helmet today but I'll have to go for version 3 on that one. It's not working the way I want it to. That said; I got a ponytail and two wefts in for her hair.

er2bvsPl.jpg

How the hell am I just seeing this now?!?! Dude, this looks AMAZING!!! Well done so far! I cant wait to see it finished, awesome foam work so far. I take it you still play then? I thought she was so cool, I saw a Maeiv(sp) at SDCC two years ago and I couldnt believe it. Are you doing this for a show or a convention?

I'm doing it for AnimeCon 2017 in the Netherlands :) I'm supposed to compete in three competitions with it.

And yeah, I still play. I really enjoy Legion!

I'm doing it for AnimeCon 2017 in the Netherlands :) I'm supposed to compete in three competitions with it.

And yeah, I still play. I really enjoy Legion!

Oh man I hope you win! Definitely subbed. Cant wait to see how far you take it. Im loving Legion. Im going to say it, I think its the best xpac so far.

Oh yeah. They now have a constant flow of content and it doesn't feel like a mindless grind. It's real fun! Also the missions are not as much of a chore as the garrisons were. Almost ready for raids! Getting my iLvl up, but I don't play as much as I'm also making this costume!

Couldnt agree more! Im loving the story, and even though I play quite a bit, its not boring. Where did you get that super thick foam for the shoulder pieces?

It's not super thick! In fact, it's 5mm, relatively soft foam. Got it from a UK supplier, if you want foam, in San Diego, take a look at TNT Cosplay Supplies.

Finally got the helmet into a good shape.
Khj8xs1h.jpg

6QDe7tEh.jpg

Looked thicker than the usual stuff I use but thank you! I have ordered stuff from them before. Helmet is looking great. Its so hard to get stuff symmetrical but you did a wonderful job!

RoycQr4h.jpg

Added the trim on the other side

I62954Zh.jpg

tCBQwVDh.jpg

Added trim to the (enlarged) collar

MJbZRgih.jpg

eafb4F2h.jpg

artsy photo

aoU40Sfh.jpg

Trim on the underside of the armour is now on there too

PisDII9h.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back