World of Warcraft - Cordana Felsong

Thanks people!
@Snikt haha unfortunately, I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment :lol

Ok well when you change your mind hit me up! :lol Man, I have said this a bunch of times already, but I cant wait to see this finished! The sewing looks glorious. How is the heat, it looks like it traps it in. Is it hot?

Well... hard to say. It's very cold in this house (this morning it was 15C, and -2C outside) and the temps I'll have when I wear it can be anything between 20C to 35C if not more. The moment I do testfittings later in spring, I'll be able to tell you more. However, it's waxed cotton, so it may just be rather breathable.

I sweat like a mo fo so whenever Im in anything I sweat quite a bit, so to me it looked hot haha! Waxed cotton? Cool, never heard of that.

Tested two things to airbrush. The white fur I had, because fur trim is £14 a meter and I need 6m...that's quite a lot. And the purple fabric, because especially at the front it needs some highlights.

IIpk064h.png

vFjw6jIh.jpg

Seems it works. :)

Only when I mess up and the latex sticks to itself. But other than that, it doesn't. If you want better adhesion, just spray some adhesive on the foam

Only when I mess up and the latex sticks to itself. But other than that, it doesn't. If you want better adhesion, just spray some adhesive on the foam
Thats cool. Usually I see people go the plastidip route, but that can be tedious and time consuming, not to mention costly. You may or may not have seen this, and its a lot of work, but have you thought about coating some of the foam pieces, like the shoulders and helmet, in plastic, to make them rigid? Using Smooth on 65D? There is an XRobots tutorial/method that I found works really well.

Yes, but it's expensive, and I actually want to retain the flexibility so transport is not so much of an issue and it's more durable. Now it becomes LARP quality and it can take a beating.

Yes, but it's expensive, and I actually want to retain the flexibility so transport is not so much of an issue and it's more durable. Now it becomes LARP quality and it can take a beating.
Actually, a gallon of 65D is only 80 bucks, then again, it might be tougher to get in the UK. IT would just be a shame if that rad helmet got bent up or tweaked or something.

If everything goes right, the helmet can be bent, but spring back into shape when it's released. I'll test this, but Bill Doran (Punished Props) used the stuff and his axe basically got folded in half but survived fine without problems.

Also 'only' 80 bucks is ridiculously expensive to me, as 1 liter of this latex was only £9.40 and is going to cover my entire armour without problems.

If everything goes right, the helmet can be bent, but spring back into shape when it's released. I'll test this, but Bill Doran (Punished Props) used the stuff and his axe basically got folded in half but survived fine without problems.

Also 'only' 80 bucks is ridiculously expensive to me, as 1 liter of this latex was only £9.40 and is going to cover my entire armour without problems.
Sweet, good luck then. I spend a ton of money on stuff like this( I built a foam latex oven from scratch) so 80 bucks for a gallon didnt seem that much to me, when you can pay upwards of 250 bucks for a gallon of silicone :lol

I am not a WoW player so I don't know this character at all, but this is some seriously impressive work! Did you do the armour all freehand?

Kind of. I used Evil Ted's pattern for the female torso with slight adjustments and everything else is basically sketched out, made a pattern of, and constructed. I don't think it's much freehanding, but creating patterns as-you-go.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back