Prop party in New Zealand

Right, so our first get together I think was a great success.
Lots of props, thanks tmax for bringing down such an impressive collection of weapons.
It was nice to get together and meet all the avatars from online in person.
A big thank you to Phil and Mary Anne for hosting us.
Also Indy magnoli for the side trip and Steve from accross the road, a brilliant artist.
Also thank you to Nick you are a true professional with your craft, your mdf guns were so realistic at first I thought they were real.
I'll get some photos up in the morning all going well.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0108.JPGhere is a group shot from left to right, Phil, Nick, Craig, Stuart with Jensen, Indy with his three boys, Jonathan in the background, jon, tarry with his son Bailey and Colby. A great day.

Last edited:
Bloody awesome! That pretty much summarises the day for me :)

It was really great to finally meet so many people I've been conversing with for the last few years and to meet some new folk too.

I was amazed at the amount of pieces on display, the size of some collections (you know who you are :) ) and the levels of craftsmanship. I ended up taking bugger all photo's as I was to busy looking at stuff and meeting people.

badges2nz thanks for organising the get together it was well over due! Blaxmyth thank you my friend for hosting the event and opening your home and workshop to us. Also I pinched one of your gun barrels on the way out :) Indy Magnoli thank you for the amazing tour of your collection my eyeballs are still in shock. Nick K your sten gun is fantastic build and was a nice way to finish off the day for me.

These kinds of get togethers are always really inspiring and motivating it's re-energised me for a couple projects. I can't wait for the next rpf prop party in the props-epicentre of New Zealand!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a whale of a time! It was great to meet you all, and my gosh, there were some amazing props on display! Thanks to everyone who helped organise and feed the troops.
IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0456.JPG IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0458.JPG IMG_0459.JPG IMG_0460.JPG IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0464.JPG
We're looking forward to next time!

I think we all were at some point or another. Here are some more pics of this great weekend. That you to those who attended. It was great to finally meet up with you and have a chat and get to know you all.:)
20170204_085524.jpg 20170204_104622.jpg 20170204_113837.jpg 20170204_104753.jpg 20170204_105320.jpg

Hey guys. Thanks for an awesome get together! So great to meet you all. We left inspired and blown away by your props and your prop making skills and passion. And we left with some new props. Always a bonus!

Big props (pun intended) to Blaxmyth for hosting us, not to mention being kind enough to put a roof over our heads for the night. Thanks Phil!

Looking forward to the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey tmax, thank you so much for coming down quite the distance to our get together.
Also for bringing an impressive collection of weapons if you couldn't tell I like your ghost edition blade runner gun. (My new fav).:D

Hey guys. Thanks for an awesome get together! So great to meet you all. We left inspired and blown away by your props and your prop making skills and passion. And we left with some new props. Always a bonus!

Big props (pun intended) to @Blaxmyth for hosting us, not to mention being kind enough to put a roof over our heads for the night. Thanks Phil!

Looking forward to the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry I missed this. I wound up in a bit of a health crisis and then time got away from me.

Definitely keen for another chance. Maybe at a different time of year. This topic though did at least re-inspire some motivation to work on some media recreations :) Got a new Ahsoka cast in the molds and he leather is ready for final wet forming and then laminating :)

mdb The party seemed to go so well most of us were talking about making it an annual event...

We'll definitely be having another get together, not sure exactly when, but you'll be invited for sure. We're all looking forward to seeing your creations. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back