Prop party in New Zealand

Another Kiwi checking in from Auckland. :-D Will definitely keep a close eye on this one, at this point I have nothing planned for that weekend.

Now we have to sort out a day for our visit.
We have Saturday, Sunday or Monday.
I have thought maybe Saturday its the beginning of the weekend and there would still be two days left for people to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
I don't think Monday anyone would want to be travelling back to their hometown and get stuck in traffic.
Also there maybe some who are otherwise occupied on a Sunday morning, what does everyone think.

That would be great if this could be done, that is all dependant on 1/ how many turn up and 2/ if it is alright with the owner of said location to go visit.
Sounds great if this could be done, a lot would be impressed.
Saturday is fine for me. I can host the event at our place, with (hopefully) a side trip to a nearby collector's home. :D

Look forward to meeting you as well Flat, and everyone else that turns up.:)

Last edited:
Sweet, looks like we have the day and date, we have the location now it looks like we might need to do something about what to bring (food wise).
Drinks chippies etc etc etc.

I bagsies The Great Kiwi Dip as that's transportable :)

Need to sort out transport as January is potentially nice and full, birthday at Howick, Medieval faire at Tauranga, and this! I will be able to hopefully bring some Ahsoka in progress, the montral at in the driveway curing as I type. Got some lekku parts to cut down as well :)

Hey mdb, I might have a couple of questions for you at our prop party I'm doing another Rey costume and need a little help, I'm off to spotlight this weekend to have a look at some fabric, hopefully they'll have what I need. it looks like a wool tweed of sorts for the final scenes of TFA I'm not too sure. oh and will the dip be the real stuff, reduced cream, vinegar and onion soup?:)

Right so now we are in the new year, we only have about two to three weeks before we have this shindig.
Blaxmyth what times would suit you seeing as though we will be congregating at your place.

Right so now we are in the new year, we only have about two to three weeks before we have this shindig.
Blaxmyth what times would suit you seeing as though we will be congregating at your place.

We are fine with any time or day over the long weekend. We don't have any work commitments over that time.

I thought that if we did 11am through to 5pm on the Saturday that would give everyone time to get to you and have a good day together.

I thought that if we did 11am through to 5pm on the Saturday that would give everyone time to get to you and have a good day together.

11am start! Day's half over by then, young fella! Any time after 8am is fine for us, plus we won't be kicking anyone out if they want to stay later. :)

Once everything is finalized you should tag everyone who posted in this thread, so they have all the updated info for the meet.

I am subscribed but yeah, tagging helps too :) So excited :) A warning, I dress like Kimmy Schmidt and have purple hair. Walking caricature but hey :)

My friend is keen to join in, and we should be able to make this a road trip. We are roadtripping to the Medieval faire the weekend before. I need to get my frock on :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back