Prop party in New Zealand

This sounds awesome guys! I have a new suit I am working on now, I might try to push and have it done by then :D
Cant wait to meet you all!

Oh man, my son and I just got into Halo in the last few months. Already got some helmets, figures and a couple weapons. Planning to have a life size Master Chief one day! My son will flip when he sees your stuff! I might get a little giddy myself to be honest. Lol

Might just have to do that... I can feel a mini-doco coming on! Lol

Mate, didn't realise you were in NZ. Not sure how I missed that! Love your work bro.

Sounds good! If you ever get some spare time down in this area, we'd love to work on a video with you. You could definitely help us step up our production value. ;)

Absolutely! I may not be able to make the entire shin-dig at Blaxmyth's place, but will come by for a bit and likely be hosting a little show-and-tell over at my place too.

Oh man, and I was giddy before!

Now the only question is... what the heck to bring?!! The car will only hold so much. lol

Great, this is going to be quite the get together.
also a chance to meet so many with the same passion for creating and collecting.

That's ok tmax, you'll have the week to plan for packing your car.

True. But I'm seriously at a loss as what to actually bring as my collection is so eclectic. From life size figures to props to 1/6 Hot Toys...

2B331993-E6B8-4257-8387-92598624F7F4.jpg

AEA9478C-ED46-45EA-B2ED-491AD49DAA13.jpg

49A1274B-514C-412A-B81F-F1A890C8D3A7.jpg

86FD207A-69D4-4A36-8D55-7517517A5D54.jpg

EF18C3BA-E3CC-489A-AB19-247990199CC9.jpg

412D45E8-0467-4B5C-A1CC-550AC67FAA56.jpg

EAAFB2A6-1F21-4345-8638-160E80707148.jpg

CA07DAA3-A415-417E-B230-52E92C2EA5F1.jpg

0F1D25BE-9B6E-4E80-B1BB-FE05B2C382AA.jpg

11074C2A-4D4E-4DB0-87D8-881CEF5AC493.jpg

6E13A94C-EA5A-41C1-BC49-38E3D3EC3593.jpg

6A26EFAE-E7A7-4482-87CA-AE17C0660B9F.jpg

6555A196-1960-4A9D-A3B7-29BC61838189.jpg

I'll be bringing most the movie guns (my fav) and anything RPF related. But not sure about the more "collectables" as not sure if that's of interest to the group. Like the HCG Power Loader, a killer piece in person, but if it's not of interest, or someone already has one down that way I won't bother. Maybe you guys that are going, if you see anything particularly that you want to check out, let me know and I'll bring it along.

Ha ha spot the newbie prop party goer! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crikey, what a collection! Now I am feeling seriously awed. I stared and stared at these pics and just kept seeing more and more! I forgot to blink! Love that Green Hornet gas gun! :love

Hey tmax, that is an impressive collection, I can now see your dilemma.
Yes to the guns especially the blade runner collection, plus Battlestar Galactica.
Stuart will be bringing his warcraft rifle, I'll have a couple of unfinished projects I'll bring along.
I'm a newbie as far as prop parties are concerned also.

Hey tmax, just an idea to help narrow down what you would like to bring with you.
Make one item a direct rpf prop that you have either purchased, made or otherwise.
One item of a star wars theme then possibly something related to a Harrison ford movie, indiana jones, blade runner air force one the list could go on and on.

Hey tmax, just an idea to help narrow down what you would like to bring with you.
Make one item a direct rpf prop that you have either purchased, made or otherwise.
One item of a star wars theme then possibly something related to a Harrison ford movie, indiana jones, blade runner air force one the list could go on and on.

Sorry unintentional double up

Wow! tmax, what a collection.What would it cost to hire an Artic Unit:lol. As badges said, just focus on 2 or 3 themes and bring along your faves. Looking forward to meeting you. Phil, do you think 1 little day will be enough to take all this in?:lol

This time around we could start with one day then from that we could figure out what can be done for future events.
Maybe we can call our get together the Gathering in reference to our coming together from a wide range of areas in our country but also in reference to one of the greatest movies of I think all time Highlander.
what does everyone think?

Last edited:
Ha ha , yeah this could easily turn into a weekend event and then some!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the sort of thing my friend Stuart is wanting to set up in Kapiti.
Like an Armageddon but without all the needless junk that is commonly there now, too many stalls selling the same thing.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back