Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Dec 29, 2016, 3:16 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #51

mdb, you are most welcome, with or without Dip!
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Dec 29, 2016, 11:12 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #52

Hey mdb, I might have a couple of questions for you at our prop party I'm doing another Rey costume and need a little help, I'm off to spotlight this weekend to have a look at some fabric, hopefully they'll have what I need. it looks like a wool tweed of sorts for the final scenes of TFA I'm not too sure. oh and will the dip be the real stuff, reduced cream, vinegar and onion soup?
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 7, 2017, 4:07 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #53

Right so now we are in the new year, we only have about two to three weeks before we have this shindig.
    Blaxmyth what times would suit you seeing as though we will be congregating at your place.
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jan 10, 2017, 7:23 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #54

badges2nz said: View Post
    Right so now we are in the new year, we only have about two to three weeks before we have this shindig.
    Blaxmyth what times would suit you seeing as though we will be congregating at your place.
    We are fine with any time or day over the long weekend. We don't have any work commitments over that time.
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 11, 2017, 3:31 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #55

I thought that if we did 11am through to 5pm on the Saturday that would give everyone time to get to you and have a good day together.
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jan 11, 2017, 1:38 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #56

I thought that if we did 11am through to 5pm on the Saturday that would give everyone time to get to you and have a good day together.
    11am start! Day's half over by then, young fella! Any time after 8am is fine for us, plus we won't be kicking anyone out if they want to stay later.
  7. RPFing since 2002 RPF Premium Member Indy Magnoli's Avatar
    From
    Middle Earth, NZ
    Jan 11, 2017, 2:43 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #57

Once everything is finalized you should tag everyone who posted in this thread, so they have all the updated info for the meet.
    From
    New Zealand
    Jan 11, 2017, 6:31 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #58

I am subscribed but yeah, tagging helps too So excited A warning, I dress like Kimmy Schmidt and have purple hair. Walking caricature but hey

My friend is keen to join in, and we should be able to make this a road trip. We are roadtripping to the Medieval faire the weekend before. I need to get my frock on
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jan 11, 2017, 11:47 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #59

Indy Magnoli said: View Post
    Once everything is finalized you should tag everyone who posted in this thread, so they have all the updated info for the meet.
    Umm, ...er yeees... tag everyone...

Must check FAQs...
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 12, 2017, 4:17 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #60

Ok so 8 till late then

Blaxmyth said: View Post
    11am start! Day's half over by then, young fella! Any time after 8am is fine for us, plus we won't be kicking anyone out if they want to stay later.
  11. RPFing since 2002 RPF Premium Member Indy Magnoli's Avatar
    From
    Middle Earth, NZ
    Jan 12, 2017, 1:41 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #61

Blaxmyth said: View Post
    Umm, ...er yeees... tag everyone...

Must check FAQs...
    It's easy... just put mention tags around the person's name or the @ symbol before it... such as @Blaxmyth. Easy!
    From
    Wanganui (the River City), New Zealand
    Jan 14, 2017, 12:58 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #62

Can't wait. I'll come round early blaxmyth, if you want a hand to set up.
    Jan 17, 2017, 3:11 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #63

Unfortunately that degree of travel out of Auckland is off the cards for me at the moment, but I hope you all have a great event and I look forward to seeing pics etc.
    From
    Wanganui (the River City), New Zealand
    Jan 20, 2017, 9:52 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #64

There will definitely be plenty of pics, don't you worry Dr maul.☺
    From
    Middle Earth (aka - New Zealand)
    Jan 22, 2017, 9:36 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #65

Hey all, great to see some fellow Kiwi's on here! And a prop party...

Would love to have been able to come and see what you've all been up to. And maybe show-off some of my collection. What's up with Wanganui?! Prop-making capital of NZ obviously! Lol. Won't be able to make that trip, but maybe next time.

Post pics. Lot's of pics! :-)
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 23, 2017, 4:11 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #66

Hey tmax, nice to hear from you, where in the middle earth are you.
    We selected Wanganui as there are already 5 RPFers up there and it was kind of central to where a lot in the area could converge.
    I'm from Otaki, Stuart who is coming with me is from Waikanae, we have oota goota from new Plymouth and one or two coming down from Auckland to mention just a few.
    From what I could guess you may be from either way down south or up towards Auckland area.
    Anyways it is always great to see who is out there and possibly keep in touch for future events.
    If by some fluke your in the area please do pop in, we'd love to meet new and old ones from around the long white cloud.
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 23, 2017, 4:18 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #67

Hey DrMaul, good to see you on the forum here too.
    It's a pity you can't make it down, I'm still to try and come up for one of your get togethers for the SWNZ forum, would also be nice to finally meet up.
    Maybe one day I'll get back up to Auckland for a holiday.
    We'll take lots of pics to post both here and on the SWNZ website.
    From
    Jan 23, 2017, 3:44 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #68

Hey @badges2nz, yeah I'm in Orewa, just north of Aucks. Sorry, I know why you chose Wanganui, I'm just amazed how many RPF'ers are based there! Sounds like the place to be.

Ironically we drove through Otaki just 2 weeks ago on our way back from Welly. Wanted to show my wife and kids the big church there as it has ties with the story of Tarore, which was the story that inspired my feature film, Broken...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhke8cgrarU

Due out this year some time. :-)
  19. RPF Premium Member Blaxmyth's Avatar
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jan 23, 2017, 7:26 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #69

tmax said: View Post
    Hey @badges2nz, yeah I'm in Orewa, just north of Aucks. Sorry, I know why you chose Wanganui, I'm just amazed how many RPF'ers are based there! Sounds like the place to be.

Ironically we drove through Otaki just 2 weeks ago on our way back from Welly. Wanted to show my wife and kids the big church there as it has ties with the story of Tarore, which was the story that inspired my feature film, Broken...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhke8cgrarU

Due out this year some time. :-)
    Wow, that is one powerful trailer! Looking forward to its release.

Sorry that you can't make it down this far and we quite understand. But you are most welcome to visit at any time!
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 23, 2017, 10:45 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #70

That is some outstanding work, looks like it will be another new New Zealand iconic movie to come.
    Very nice work, must have been some heavy listening to the stories before putting this into a script for filming.
    As you went through Otaki did you notice penray gardens on the left on state highway one, just next to that is an old derelict shop that was used in some of the filming of the new pork pie reboot, due out the weekend of our get together, also our crazy mechanic ended up on the movie, don't know how he managed that.
    Next time your in the area let me know and stop in, would be great to meet up.
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 23, 2017, 10:54 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #71

Ok so saturday 4th February is coming around quick.
    8am till late, what would you like us to organise as far as lunch is concerned blaxmyth.
    From
    Jan 23, 2017, 11:23 PM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #72

Thanks guys for the kind words! Just today got an invite to screen it at the LA Film Festival which is pretty cool. Not bad for a seriously indy film with amateur actors, volunteer crew and a total budget of 80k! Lol.

Back on topic... What is the drive time from Aucks to Wanganui in one run?
  23. RPF Premium Member Blaxmyth's Avatar
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jan 24, 2017, 1:48 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #73

Thanks guys for the kind words! Just today got an invite to screen it at the LA Film Festival which is pretty cool. Not bad for a seriously indy film with amateur actors, volunteer crew and a total budget of 80k! Lol.

Congratulations! 'Pretty cool' sounds like an understatement!

As far as Auckland to Wanganui, about six hours easy driving, maybe a bit more for food and comfort stops. I'm sure we can find a bed for you if you do turn up!
    From
    Otaki, New Zealand
    Jan 24, 2017, 2:13 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #74

That is fantastic and what a great effort,if you can make down it would be good to see you.
  25. RPF Premium Member Blaxmyth's Avatar
    From
    Wanganui, New Zealand
    Jan 24, 2017, 2:32 AM - Re: Prop party in New Zealand #75

Ok so saturday 4th February is coming around quick.
    8am till late, what would you like us to organise as far as lunch is concerned blaxmyth.
    I figured we can put some snacks on, plus there's Dominos for pizzas and good fish & chip shops nearby. Shouldn't be a problem.

Nick K has offered to give a hand setting up, and it'll be based out in the shed, with tables for displays and so on. There's a TV for kids, and folks are welcome inside for the amenities, cups of coffee, etc.

I'll PM everyone with details on where we are, etc, in a couple of days.

I imagine we'll all want to show props, costumes or works in progress, and maybe give a run down on any suggestions and tips we learned. I'm keen to talk about pepakura and fibreglassing, and @Nick K has some amazing skills with modelling, and he'll be bringing some of his very impressive scratch built blasters. (Yes Nick, you will.) @TheFlatPlat will no doubt have some of his foam weapons and costumes along - really excellent work here.

Fingers crossed that we'll be able to visit a local prop collector which will have your eyes bugging out big time. Only two streets away. This will be a highlight for sure!

Anyway, off now to break the news to my wife that there'll be visitors coming....