Prop party in New Zealand

Auckland actual member since 06, but I was on TDH since 02. I think I had an older profile here too that ended up in the deleted pile.

Would be keen, I have a friend who might be keen for a trip too. Need to be careful in planning though :) So subscribe activated.

(I haven't tidied all my threads but most are here, as a get to know you here :)

Hey mdb, that would be great to catch up again.
Last time we met was at the Wellington Armageddon expo, you were wearing your malificent costume and before that Darth talon.
You have some great costumes plus it would be good to catch up, if you can bring anything down for a look see I'd love to see your silurian head piece, that was a great costume.
Do you have any shots of you in that, my daughter would love to get a copy, she's doctor who mad.

Waitangi Weekend and Wanganui are a definite for me.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Good on you yaris. Would love to see the props.

Hey, this is really gathering momentum! GDafi, yaris - you're welcome here any time! mdb - it'd be marvellous to see you down this way, especially if you can bring some of your creations!

Hey mdb, that would be great to catch up again.
Last time we met was at the Wellington Armageddon expo, you were wearing your malificent costume and before that Darth talon.
You have some great costumes plus it would be good to catch up, if you can bring anything down for a look see I'd love to see your silurian head piece, that was a great costume.
Do you have any shots of you in that, my daughter would love to get a copy, she's doctor who mad.

I have been out and about, just spent 2015 exploring other communities and this year in a spiral of sadness and health extra sadness ;) But things are picking up now which is why this meet sounds like perfect timing :) Just got to work out how the NZ Medieval Faire works in :)

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/costume-portfolio/sci-fi/doctor-who-madame-vastra/
For Madame Vastra :) That was a bit of a rush so another project I'd like to cast. I can finally repair the mold thanks to finally tracking down a supplier of ultracal! They are a dry wall supplycompany in Wellington, if anyone else is looking. http://www.nzcds.co.nz/

Hey, this is really gathering momentum! GDafi, yaris - you're welcome here any time! mdb - it'd be marvellous to see you down this way, especially if you can bring some of your creations!

Cheers :) It would be great to get together and share projects and ideas :)

Hey mdb, thanks for the info on supply of ultracal.
I have never used it but knowing there is a local supplier is a great help.
I use trig instruments at the bottom of ngauranga gorge for my clay, two part plastic resin and silicone molding rubber.

I have been out and about, just spent 2015 exploring other communities and this year in a spiral of sadness and health extra sadness ;) But things are picking up now which is why this meet sounds like perfect timing :) Just got to work out how the NZ Medieval Faire works in :)

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/costume-portfolio/sci-fi/doctor-who-madame-vastra/
For Madame Vastra :) That was a bit of a rush so another project I'd like to cast. I can finally repair the mold thanks to finally tracking down a supplier of ultracal! They are a dry wall supplycompany in Wellington, if anyone else is looking. http://www.nzcds.co.nz/

I know you havent been too well in the past, hopefully you will have more days that are better and can help with your dilemma and with those good days they may help carry you through the bad.
Know this that there are those out there who really appreciate what you do and I being one will try to help in whatever way possible, thank you, you to me are a real inspiration.

Hey guys, checking in from Wanganui as well, I look forward to meeting more of you guys!

Another guy from Wanganui? Wow! Would you have been the guy I saw sporting some white armor at Trafalgar Square a few months ago? Looked like a white Master Chief or something... didn't get a good look as I was on my way out...

Another guy from Wanganui? Wow! Would you have been the guy I saw sporting some white armor at Trafalgar Square a few months ago? Looked like a white Master Chief or something... didn't get a good look as I was on my way out...

View attachment 689614
That does sound like me :p I have been in contact with Blaxmyth, he has helped me out a heap with fiberglassing!

Attachments

• 13891814_567760446759884_8157168537697360728_n.jpg
    13891814_567760446759884_8157168537697360728_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 149

Yep, sounds like FlatPlat - he's a whiz with foam and his Master Chief is really impressive.

I know you havent been too well in the past, hopefully you will have more days that are better and can help with your dilemma and with those good days they may help carry you through the bad.
Know this that there are those out there who really appreciate what you do and I being one will try to help in whatever way possible, thank you, you to me are a real inspiration.

Thank you :) Seriously, thank you :) Another hospital day stay tomorrow, never fun but kind words make them better. My friend is keen to come too and so we can arrange transport and accommodation soon. Maybe organise a photoshoot along the way :) And positivity also makes for enthusiasm to finish projects :) Hoping to finish Rebels season 3 Ahsoka this summer :) Saving for casting latex again and boosting enthusiasm at the same time :)

Go team Kiwis, looking forward to meeting everyone properly!

That will be great to see you and your friend, is there much of a change with ahsokas costume or is it pretty much the same as season 2?

Go team Kiwis, looking forward to meeting everyone properly![/QUOTE]

I wonder if the RPF would let us do a kiwi patch.
Just a thought at the moment.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back