Fallout 4 - Terminal - 3D Printed

Looks like it was taken right out of the game great job.
Wonderful work of art.Thanks for sharing this !

Thanks! It's been a fun one to build. After Christmas I'm going to start working on a slightly larger one.

Yep. Gotta love the amount of snow we are getting right now in MN. I'm kinda tempted to build out a PC in this. Definitely something that could be done... Might have to get my printer up and running again...

Luckily most of it melted this week! That would be awesome! I've been thinking about doing a Fallout themed case mod for my PC but I'm not sure exactly what that would entail.

That's a beautiful build! All the details are perfect, I also really like the weathering!
Though I hate terminals in the game. I always have trouble hacking them... :p

Thanks! I hear you, I've put hundreds of hours into FO3/4 and I still suck at them.

This is gorgeous @OP. I've always wanted to build the computer terminal into a functional linux workstation but I've no idea where I'd start with the custom hardware that I'd need.

That's my thought with putting a pi in this. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'll put it off until it's the last part of the build haha

Absolutely amazing! I'd love a computer terminal too (the ones on the desks xD)

I would too! I might have to add it to our list of props to make ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRdzDZbNQxU

I haven't gotten a chance to start printing a bigger terminal but I did manage to get the time lapse build video edited and thrown up on YouTube! Let me know what you think. I'm still trying to figure out timing and formatting for our prop videos but that's the general idea.

That's my thought with putting a pi in this. I have no idea what I'm doing but I'll put it off until it's the last part of the build haha

Yes, A Pi would work. But if you put a micro ITX Motherboard in there, you might be able to get a little bit more of a powerful computer. I'd be more than willing to help you with this!!! (Assuming you want to venture down the road of putting a computer in it)

Yes, A Pi would work. But if you put a micro ITX Motherboard in there, you might be able to get a little bit more of a powerful computer. I'd be more than willing to help you with this!!! (Assuming you want to venture down the road of putting a computer in it)

Ah, that's a way better idea than going the pi route. I'd love to use it as a computer for my Lulzbot Mini and wall mount it above it!

Update: I realized a Raspberry Pi 2 fits inside of the small terminal body. Don't I feel silly?

I've been adapting the terminal body and 3d printing edits.

cfLHDNpl.jpg

Nick originally modeled it in Autodesk Inventor but I imported the model into Sketchup so I could make my own edits while testing tolerances (I don't know Inventor).

CU7vAEYl.jpg

Here's a few pictures of the screen mount. Unfortunately 3 or 3.5" screens are hard to come by in a square so I settled with this guy.

jVkFpbtl.jpg

Progress pictures with some of the current files. I ended up making the back removable and added holes for the pi's usb ports/charging cable.

zaA1jaql.jpg

I've almost got all of the tolerances where I'd like them. Once I get that set I'll finish and paint the terminal and get it all put together!

The acrylic came in today!

It looks awesome. I also modified the mounts a bit to snap in and actually hold the screen in place and also printed it in black PLA to better hide it. . I'll put together a more comprehensive post with more pictures later, I'm ready for bed.

blradZBl.jpg

E96F7Qol.jpg

That looks amazing. Once you black out a bit of the edges you won't know it isn't a square screen.

When I finally got everything tidied up to fit the back plate on, it killed most of the bleed on the edges, see below! Also thanks for the tip and png for the bottlecaps, they look amazing!

So sick, I love it!
Fantastic work!

Thanks! I'm finally getting ready to do the finishing work on the body.

Now that I finally have a moment of free time, it's time for a proper update!

JLqenjql.jpg

This image shows a test print to check the adjusted depth to accommodate the acrylic.

DNjkFJ2l.jpg

Here's a pic of the current Sketchup model with some of the parts. It was originally modeled by Nick in Inventor. I'm working on the interior components and I don't know how to model with Inventor I brought it into Sketchup to make adjustments. The top picture shows an expanded model and the bottom shows my process of making an alteration, copying the model over, making another alteration, rinse repeat.

hhEUYFHl.jpg

I managed to make all of these parts just barely fit in here. I had to order an L angled usb cable to fit.

JbgxO6Bl.jpg

It works! I need to familiarize myself with the Raspberry Pi interface but for now I'm just happy I got all of it fit inside the body and it powers on.

HccIxjcl.jpg

It's just a bootup screen but I love it. The text on the screen is white.

I'm currently printing off a new terminal body with (hopefully) the final edits on them. Then it's sanding, filling, priming, repeating for a few days. Woo!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back