Scrooge

crawjaw

Sr Member
My interpretation of Scrooge from the 2009 Jim Carrey animated film "A Christmas Carol".
Made from mixed media including the silicone cast head.

20161128_Scrooge_0014_5_6_D.jpg20161128_0094_D3.jpg20161128_0082-1_1.jpg

Time to leave RPF because after creating something I thought had some merit, nobody's left any form of comment. Fairly dents one's confidence so Auf Wiedersehen, au revoir, arrivederci.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurt feelings much? You seriously just posted yesterday. A lot of people never even venture into the sculpture sub forum.

BTW - your piece is pretty cool.

I've just been looking through NEW POSTS and saw the heading Scrooge and I was curious to see, seeing that Scrooge is one of my all time favourate animated movies. What a fantastic piece you have sculpted, as vader1974 said not many people venture here but looks like they are missing out but I think I've just found somewhere to visit more often
amazing work crawjaw I'm going to keep an eye open for more of your work

Your piece is amazing!

But why leave the RPF? Like what vader1974 said, you posted yesterday, give it time for people to reply.

Apologies for my bout of petted lip. I just completed the Scrooge build in a fast for me 4 weeks and I was feeling mighty pleased I'd made the deadline for a client. I've posted other work before and made no or little impact so was just being churlish and I feel very sheepish now for crying like a baby. I'd been ripped off by a mobile phone vendor the same day and I was in a stinking mood hence the rant. Feel better now and thanks for talking sense into me folks.

If one of these silicone head casts came up for sale how much would you ask finished painted with hair

If one of these silicone head casts came up for sale how much would you ask finished painted with hair
I never intended to make copies but if pushed I could do another painted silicone head cast with hair for £400 plus postage. Obviously I couldn't guarantee it would be exactly the same (might be better) as my original.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to see that its not just americans being whiny babies. :rolleyes

Yes Snikt, cry babies all over the world.:cry

brilliant work! really looks the part, well done, can I ask how you painted it, silicone caulking and oil paints?

Thanks Frosty, I used silicone pigment from PS Composites and mixed with some skin silicone from the same company and thinned with lighter fluid (naptha). I also added some coloured flocking but on reflection I was a bit light handed with it.

Freakin' amazing work!

You know, I've been a member here for years now and this is the very first time I've ventured into this section. I'll be back!

Thanks Doh2. I haven't posted much on RPF but I used to love using the FXLab. Shame it died a death. Plenty of great work out there that isn't superhero and Star Wars related.

Many thanks SofaKing01. I never took many in progress shots, too busy and in too much of a mess to handle my good cameras. Should have taken some on my phone though.

Yet another person here who has never really checked out this sub-forum, but ventured in because I saw something about casting. When I saw the topic I just had to take a look. Glad I did because that really is some awesome work! It would be funny to put this guy in a front window and setup Christmas lights near him that say "Bah Humbug" as a display.

Thanks a438980. I sold this piece to a local sports bar/restaurant and he's on display over the Christmas period. Last year I did a full size Jessica Rabbit and the year before the Grinch for the same client. The Grinch is back out on display this year again, unfortunately he had no room for Jessica.

Here's a few photos from my step-daughter's phone so sorry about the quality.

15134560_10211287975978329_2811827205416350182_n.jpg 15284052_10211287975938328_1572557134002950712_n.jpg 15284817_10211287976818350_8761245471032117042_n.jpg

Man, any Jessica Rabbit photos you can share?

I hear a lot of the regulars in Smiths (males!) are disappointed Jessica didn't make a return this year.
She wasn't made in the same way as Scrooge as her face was sculpted directly over a mannequin head using Sculptamold papier mache and Milliput. Scrooge was modelled in clay and a silicone cast taken from a plaster mould.
Hope you like.

20151119_Jessica_8934_D.jpg 20151119_Jessica_8987_D.jpg 20151119_Jessica_8972_D.jpg 20151119_Jessica_8955_D.jpg 20151119_Jessica_8978_D.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back