R1 X-Wing differences?

Roy Batty

I am unfamiliar if anyone has I.D.'ed the X-Wings in the various media released about ROGUE ONE. I am starting my Hasbro X-Wing build/conversion and was curious if the squad insignia/s on the R1 X-Wings were the same (RED GROUP) as in Ep. IV? Are they T-65B's? Are they an older model than what we saw in Episode IV?
If anyone has found anything out or has any info on their "markings", I would love to hear about it.

The only decent shots I have found were screen grabs from the various "featurettes".

xwing1.JPGxwing2.JPGxwing3.JPG

The Bandai X-wing kit has Red 1 wing stripes, but it has extra markings on the engines and wings.
10413854a4_zpsn6jmrnwv.jpg

And there's at least one Blue squadron X-wing.
mp4_snapshot_00.16_2016.11.20_11.16.05_zpsofz556wp.jpg

The blue stripe thing is kind of an Easter egg... the X-Wings were originally going to have blue stripes but it messed up the blue screen compositing - so they switched to red. I Love it!

in rogue one I'd expect to see all of red squadron parked somewhere in the Yavin base (along with gold sqadron).

There is also the black and white (crashed) one with the chevrons that was captured in TMZ photos a LONG time ago. I'm digging that one

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back