need some mpp shroud finish advise please

The ANH MPP probably made it through till production of ROTJ, hence that bubblestrip is most likely one and the same as seen in ANH ... eventhough this might be mere speculation on my part :wacko

Chaïm

The only thing that would seem to indicate that the ESB?ROTJ MPP was different is the changes to the clamp; i.e. silver sidebars, nail and lever...

Ok, here is where I am so far. I love these shots that you guys were so gracious to share. Now I am second guessing the no screws idea. Still on the fence.

Thanks to all with the detail and sharing. Enjoy. Notice I was festive given the time of year. Truth be told, this is my wife's Christmas table cloth so I don't dare move it. Lol
IMG_2854.JPGIMG_2855.JPGIMG_2856.JPGIMG_2857.JPGIMG_2858.JPGIMG_2859.JPGIMG_2860.JPGIMG_2861.JPG
I weathered it a touch. I don't have the heart to beat up the finish however I have no issues making it look dirty and used. Lol

The only thing that would seem to indicate that the ESB?ROTJ MPP was different is the changes to the clamp; i.e. silver sidebars, nail and lever...

Indeed so another option is that the ANH V2, as seen here which had black sidebars, later became the ESB/ROTJ only with longer T-tracks and a broken down lever :

MPP%20ANH%20V2_zpsobxcrjru.jpg

Chaïm

I have decided to put this up for sale in the junkyard. Thanks for all the help modifying this baby .

The Parks/Korbanth saber is missing detail that keeps it from being accurate. The Lettering by the holes are missing and along with the 2 pin holes where the original metal MPP plate was riveted to the originals...detail that MR/Hasbro and Disney includes yet for goed on a higher end prop. There are a couple other aspects that make me not a fan of this hilt.

The Parks/Korbanth saber is missing detail that keeps it from being accurate. The Lettering by the holes are missing and along with the 2 pin holes where the original metal MPP plate was riveted to the originals...detail that MR/Hasbro and Disney includes yet for goed on a higher end prop. There are a couple other aspects that make me not a fan of this hilt.

This is not the korbanth version. This has the letters at the holes. You can see the letters in the finished photos above. All this missing detail in the korbanth version shown . Completey different saber. The original parks MPP was considered to be very accurate. This is the one I have.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back