need some mpp shroud finish advise please

I currently have two real MPPs and have had a few more, but this is what I know of the original finishes... same with Sterlings. The original british wrinkle paint WEARS SMOOTHLY. So... almost every instance of wrinkle paint I have seen coming from the UK... when the wrinkle wears down, the finish is a thick smooth feel. The wrinkle goes away leaving a sating or semi gloss black hard coat.

thanks!

I'd always wondered and my gut told me that it used to be wrinkled or the factory hadn't done enough. this is cool!

New question. This about the grips.

Do I file the grips so they sit flush or are they meant to have a gap. I'm trying to go with film accurate to ESB. Standard, not hero.
IMG_2853.JPG

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Movie-accurate : GAP ... my suggestion if you don't like that : use smaller than the width of the T-track, black double sided 3M or such tape to make the T-tracks a bit more level with the end-cap :)

Chaïm

Movie-accurate : GAP ... my suggestion if you don't like that : use smaller than the width of the T-track, black double sided 3M or such tape to make the T-tracks a bit more level with the end-cap :)

Chaïm
Actually, I like the gap. I was just aiming towards accuracy and wasn't sure.

Thank you. Awsome. I love answers that lead to progress :thumbsup

Of course with screws, there's less gap. Seems like the t track on that saber had a bit of give to it.

Of course with screws, there's less gap. Seems like the t track on that saber had a bit of give to it.
The screws would be for the hero, correct? If so, I'm not going hero. But to be clear, this is ESB. Still no screws unless I go hero?

If it's an MPP based hilt, it's usually referred to as a Hero piece.

It's a parks mpp so I guess it's now a hero, cool. I would love to see some actual mpp shots from the film. There are a ton of clear photos out there, however I'm not sure if they are fan made or real prop shots.

Ok, I have another question

This one regarding the bubble cut.

Following roys blueprint and instructions, he shows the exactra card cut uneven. It's not the same on each side meaning the last bubble has been cut almost in half while the other side clearly has distance left from the bubble to the end of the card.

It takes time to get these and I don't want to waste the card by incorrectly cutting it.

Again, I'm Not really going for what looks best to me and my opinions, but I wish to stay as true to original as possible

Thanks in advance and you all have been a great asset and more than patient with my questions.
Kevin

Ok, I have another question

This one regarding the bubble cut.

Following roys blueprint and instructions, he shows the exactra card cut uneven. It's not the same on each side meaning the last bubble has been cut almost in half while the other side clearly has distance left from the bubble to the end of the card.

It takes time to get these and I don't want to waste the card by incorrectly cutting it.

Again, I'm Not really going for what looks best to me and my opinions, but I wish to stay as true to original as possible

Thanks in advance and you all have been a great asset and more than patient with my questions.
Kevin

Ask and you shall receive...

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 1.01.49 AM.png

(Disclaimer: not my image so if someone can tell me who originally grabbed these screen shots so I can credit them it would be much appreciated)

My bubbles... which are soon to be replaced because the bubble strip isn't frosted... and the card isn't blue... always something.... :(

Bubble 6.jpg

DSCN0172_zps73a05b5d.jpg

The ANH MPP probably made it through till production of ROTJ, hence that bubblestrip is most likely one and the same as seen in ANH ... eventhough this might be mere speculation on my part :wacko

Chaïm

So it looks as if roys instructions are accurate. To me it does look like all the photos have an uneven cut.

Terrific and thank you.

All I need to do now is cut the card and install the wires. I will share my completed mpp tonight if all goes well. Thank you all again.
Kevin

DSCN0172_zps73a05b5d.jpg

ESB_Darth_Vader_Hero_Lightsaber_4_zpsqxnzvymu.jpg

ESB_Darth_Vader_Hero_Lightsaber_1_zpsh76bdvkz.jpg

The ANH MPP probably made it through till production of ROTJ, hence that bubblestrip is most likely one and the same as seen in ANH ... eventhough this might be mere speculation on my part :wacko

Chaïm

One thing not mentioned is the placement of the D-ring is wrong on parks' shroud, which sits right under the screw, when it should be behind the screw, closer to the center of the hilt.

d_ringplacement.jpg

the frosted bubbles, does anyone think its because its been on display for X amount of years and the plastic bubbles have changed color?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back