Is this frowned upon?

I bought a couple of nice batman pieces from a member here and I was wondering if it is frowned upon to sell them to put the money towards other cosplay?
I would say not. As long as you state who made the pieces and how you got a hold of them, you should be fine.

Alex

Right, as long as you're not flipping them for way more than you paid. There's a member I've seen buy Back to the Future items from Roland and Sarednab, then sell them for 3x the amount on eBay. Pretty shady.

Wtf, you bought them do what you want with them. You don't need to credit anyone or ask permission to sell them. Wanna sell them on ebay to someone for more money? Do it. They're yours

I think "right of first sale" applies here. You bought it, you're allowed to do whatever you want with that specific item. Only once have I bought an item that before hand the seller requested that I never part with, because the desire from other people to recast them was so high.

I think about the only thing you shouldn't do is recast and sell copies, or try to sell the individual item you received passed on as something it is not (claiming it's screen used when it's a replica, claiming it's an original artist made piece when it's a recast, or claiming you or someone else made it when they didn't).

But yeah, your stuff is your stuff. Sell it if you want.

Well no I say give credit to the maker if you know who it is that way if the person who buys from you wants another set just like it, they can contact the maker.

Other than that, its your stuff do what u will.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

And to clarify, while I think the OP knows this is certainly his right to do so, it's still fair to ask if it's frowned upon. So let me also state that it is generally not frowned upon either. A lot of what we do here could be considered a grey area legally, so even in the general honor system among ourselves, it's still A-OK to sell or trade an item you bought later if you so desire. Just keep things honest.

Why? I don't mind if someone can make more money with my props than I did. Even if it's much more money. That's capitalism. ;)

Ha! :lol I think this particular person buys them with the intent to sell them right away, much like those scammers on eBay w/ the V3s.

Just keep in mind that if you are planning on selling the items here at the RPF you will need to get a premium membership.

Correct. I listed them on ebay I guess I'm gonna have to break out the wallet and spend that $4 a month for the premium lol
Just keep in mind that if you are planning on selling the items here at the RPF you will need to get a premium membership.

Once you buy an item, it is yours to keep, sell, or trade. At any price you want. If you buy from a member here and sell it for 3x more on eBay, that's not shady.. that's business.
The only problems I have are when people lie about the item, recast the item, or take credit for the item.

As for this thinking that if you buy something from a member here you MUST sell it for an equal or less amount of what you paid..it's just stupid. That's not how the real world and market works.

I buy raw kits all the time, and sell them at increased prices.. (you know, on account of the paint work?) and some members were questioning me about THAT. People need to just mind their own business I think..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back