Fantastic Beasts - Queenie Goldstein

chameleoncos Ugh, no. I bought it 9 days ago and it isn't even marked as shipped, though hopefully they just haven't updated the tracking or something. I'll definitely post pics as soon as it shows up. No idea what the hold up is. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
graciefox Wow, so they're about as responsive with shipping as they have been with my sample request :/ that sucks. Hopefully they update you soon! If I end up ordering it from eBay I guess we'll see if that store is any better. :/

chameleoncos So APPARENTLY they're out of stock. Not sure why I'm just hearing about it more than a week after the fact. :( Looks like I might be defaulting to eBay too.

graciefox wow what? OK so all around pretty useless company then :/ you did get a sample of it though right? Considering just ordering it but pretty reluctant without knowing what it looks like in person.

chameleoncos I'll try to find it for you! I've been travelling since the holidays so my work space is kind of a box that I keep shoving stuff in as I collect it. :p

So I can say confidently that the sellers of that fabric are NOT reliable or to be trusted. After cancelling my order without telling me about it, they then reached out to say they had more in stock and were shipping it out that day. A week went by, and I just found out - I had to ask - that they cancelled it AGAIN without telling me because they decided the quality wasn't good? I don't even know. The point is, don't go there. It's been a multiple week effort to try and get them to cooperate. :/

IMG_20170131_115752.jpgIMG_20170131_115802.jpg

Here's the fabric from the eBay seller! More expensive, but at least we finally got our hands on it. :p It looks perfect next to the rose velvet! Heavy duty, too.

Last edited:
Lots of tinkering. :) I think it ended up being something like 6 different layers of elements in Photoshop sent to different opacities...everything from a bubble popping to water coming out of a faucet.

Here's a crop of a high res I took of the real coat at FIDM. It's definitely not a jacquard silk, it's like stranded silk or synthetic cords loosely woven onto a canvas. Also a great look at the beautiful shell button.

DSCN4088crop.jpg

Hey all!

My husband and I just finished my Queenie coat. I'm hoping to get better pictures soon. I used this silk and I found the velvet from a local upholstery fabric store. I did the hand beading around the collar and my husband sewed and did everything else, haha. We based the coat off of a pattern from here. The little diamond stitch on the back is something we noticed in one scene where Queenie turns around at the end of the movie.

collar.jpgqueenie.png

Hi it's me again! Sorry about the double post, but I also wanted to share my Queenie speakeasy dress. I purchased the Silver Screen Lindy Bop dress (I looked on the website and it's no longer there). It was white and much longer than her dress, so i hemmed it and dyed it petal pink. It turned out so nicely with the beading and I certainly do not have the patience to do all of that beading myself, haha! I added the "x" beading in the front (which continues to the back) as well as netting along the bust. I trimmed the hem and the arms into slits as well.

sdfasdfff.pngssd.pngasdf.pngsdfa.png

Wow, that coat looks like a lot of work, but it certainly paid off! It is truly a thing of beauty.

And what a great husband to help out.

The speakeasy dress is the first I've seen anyone attempt to do, and it looks great. I want one to show off!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back