Looking for this vintage model for X-Mas present

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am posting this in the collectibles section because I really don't consider this a "Want to buy" as I am not looking to find someone here who might sell one. I am trying to locate one online somewhere at a decent price and I thought perhaps some of the people who are into models here, and who frequent model forums, might have a lead for me. But if this is in the wrong spot, and should be in the JY or off topic forum, Mods please feel free to move it :)

My father in law never tells us of anything he wants for the holidays, and this year he stated he would love to have this old kit that was one of his favorite pieces when he was young. He is also a Vietnam Vet and there are some emotional feelings attached to the memories of driving one of these. So I decided to try and track one down. I found one on ebay but they want $249+ on it, and it is marked as "used". Maybe mint in the box for that price, but a used model? Ugh!

Here is a photo:
model.jpg

If you happen to see one around for sale, let me know and I will go check it out.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I did some looking and found this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOX-ONLY-VI...418416?hash=item3d2be4c6b0:g:PiQAAOSwcUBYM6Oh

Its just the box! The seller does say it is one of the pricier kits out there. Good luck on your quest.

-Eric

if I had waited a little longer to post. The actual model with two parts missing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VINTAG...666441?hash=item3d2b6e7d89:g:rSkAAOSwiONYLHRb
Yeah that is the one I referenced in my first post above... however I typed $249, but now it looks like they dropped the price down to $235... I just can't see paying that for a Used model with missing pieces.

Thanks for the reply and for checking around for me. :thumbsup

Noooooooooo. Oh bugger. I'll keep an eye out for another one...lol. lots of new versions from revell but I guess it wont hold the same appeal.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back