Toys Of Our Youth

I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!Whooo hooo. I have tried just about every keyword you could possible think of. I remembered it had little figured, so I tried, "toys red orange figures" in google and that worked. This has been driving me crazy for months now. I was kinda close in the picture, as far as I could remember.
I think a friend got this for me for one of my birthdays. I think I ended up selling it at a garage sale.
Its called, Air Raiders.

View attachment 712313
Buy it loose but complete for $17 on eBay or $48 mint in the box on eBay. I just saw them listed.

This one: http://www.moderndesign.org/2010/01/toy-playmospace-playmobil-space.html

I had that, the single pod ship, and the smaller rolling "shuttle" thing.

The heads of those figures look right but the ones i had were smaller with only the head able to move and the arms. It might have been a later version of it. I remember a toy 1911a that opened up into a mini base for a figure, they had a grenade too but they didn't last long due to angry parents. One thing i wish i'd gotten more of were the Legend of Zelda trophies they had when the first or second game came out. Each was Link fighting an enemy with a tag on the bottom of the base where you wrote down when you beat it in the game. They were on blowout at one point in the mid to late 80s and now they're 60.00 each.

Oddly enough the Starcom cartoon wasn't that bad, i bought the entire series for like 7.00 on amazon. The gimmick isn't any worse than Captain Power, they had to make a deal with the toy company to get that one made. I wish the comic had lasted as long as the show. I know most of the shows were just half hour commercials for toys but they're still better than the trash on cartoon network, disney, and nick these days.

i probably had about 80% of the he-man line up and of course we gave it away even the castle. i was glad when motu c started up. i could re collect.

i still have my atari 2600 and it works.

and my fisher price record player

we used to have the show and tell machine too.

if you can find video of one with the bert and ernie record :)

also our sesame street records

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda wished I had saved my Sears stereo with the big dustcover over the turntable. I used to hide my paraphernalia in the speaker cabinets when I was younger. Lol!

OK, Im new here, and going to put up my 1st post which REALLY shows my age...

Waaaay back when... after I got my paper route (in 4th grade), it only took about four months before I could start affording toys that
I really wanted, and that I could PAY FOR MYSELF.

That November, I remember when I bought my first VERTI-BIRD helicopter toy set. It was the shape of a big boat, and it had divers, and subs, and things
for the rescue helicopter to pick up and ferry back to the ship. It was AWESOME, and I ALWAYS remember to put it away when I was done playing with
it. Mostly because I didnt want the dog to find it and chew up the copter. But also cuz I wanted to lord it over my brothers.

Anyway, I remember hearing my mom tell my dad (when she thought I wasnt in earshot) that she had to RETURN the one I had been begging for for Christmas.
And she was mad that I was spending my own money on my own toys. (blackmail is addictive for a parent, I guess).

(GAWD, when I look on eBay for one, I found one, and see it came out in 1972)

Anyway, it was bitchin'. And it was the earlier 'dangerous' version of that toy. After kids started putting their heads down to floor level, they changed the design to first put a ring around the propellers, and then finally, the HUB actually lifted the toy itself instead of the propellers. (NO FUN AT ALL)

But man ! Those propellers were fast.

-Clone 'One-Eye' Wolf

OK, Im new here, and going to put up my 1st post which REALLY shows my age...

Waaaay back when... after I got my paper route (in 4th grade), it only took about four months before I could start affording toys that
I really wanted, and that I could PAY FOR MYSELF.

That November, I remember when I bought my first VERTI-BIRD helicopter toy set. It was the shape of a big boat, and it had divers, and subs, and things
for the rescue helicopter to pick up and ferry back to the ship. It was AWESOME, and I ALWAYS remember to put it away when I was done playing with
it. Mostly because I didnt want the dog to find it and chew up the copter. But also cuz I wanted to lord it over my brothers.

Anyway, I remember hearing my mom tell my dad (when she thought I wasnt in earshot) that she had to RETURN the one I had been begging for for Christmas.
And she was mad that I was spending my own money on my own toys. (blackmail is addictive for a parent, I guess).

(GAWD, when I look on eBay for one, I found one, and see it came out in 1972)

Anyway, it was bitchin'. And it was the earlier 'dangerous' version of that toy. After kids started putting their heads down to floor level, they changed the design to first put a ring around the propellers, and then finally, the HUB actually lifted the toy itself instead of the propellers. (NO FUN AT ALL)

But man ! Those propellers were fast.

-Clone 'One-Eye' Wolf

Welcome! It's funny how well we remember these things, isn't it?

I've still got a set of these out in the garage.
Jarts.jpg
Don Mac.

Anyone remember this game? When I was young and saw the commercial, I just HAD to have the game. So my parents got it for me, and it ended up being the stupidest game. A little motor vibrated the bed making the plastic bugs move around while you tried to grab them with tongs. I ended up taking it apart and kept the motor.
After that, anything that looked like it might be a good toy, my Mom would be like, this isn't going to be another bed bugs is it...

BedBugsBox.jpg

Anyone remember this game? When I was young and saw the commercial, I just HAD to have the game. So my parents got it for me, and it ended up being the stupidest game. A little motor vibrated the bed making the plastic bugs move around while you tried to grab them with tongs. I ended up taking it apart and kept the motor.
After that, anything that looked like it might be a good toy, my Mom would be like, this isn't going to be another bed bugs is it...

View attachment 714853

Like the football games?
451e45ab3bcff65771b93d7a15e9c1f9.jpg

OMG those damned electric football games! I've never been a football fan, but my older brother lives, eats and breathes all things football. He must've owned at least ten different versions of those electric football games when we were kids. He made me play those dumb things endlessly. What a STUPID game!! Set the little players up, throw the switch and just watch as these guys vibrate around with absolutely no rhyme or reason to their movements.

He would get a new one every Christmas and if I didn't play with him he would just beat the crap out of me.

Ah, didn't know what the football thing was. Not really a sports fan at all. But yeah, just vibrating and hoping to randomly win....not to fun sounding.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back