Where can a person buy large sheet styrene or ABS - and which to paint on?

Sulla

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know there are vac-u-formers out there that get this stuff. I was wondering where a small time hobbyist could get his hands on large sheets of Styrene or ABS.

I need stuff bigger than the hobby packs from Plastruct. :rolleyes

I am going need .125" or so and will be doing a few 60 to 90 degree bends in it (or cutting and puttying if need be) and am going to paint it. Is one better for painting and holding the paint than the other. I will of course be sanding and priming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure who all in town is still in business other than Meyer Plastics up off of Binford. Thermalized Plastics here on the board, or Boba Binks should be able to help you out. :)

Good Luck!

-Sarge

I'm outside of Philadelphia and use Northeast Plastics. They have a warehouse north of the city for industrial orders and a nice "artist supply" store for small orders in the city. Most places will ship orders, just do an online search for plastic supply and see what's in your area. Another option would be to go to a local sign shop and ask them where they buy from.

Doug just posted what I was about to post.

I bought a 4' x 8' piece of .60 white styrene for $15 from a sign shop near Philly. However, my brother works there, and got it wholesale for me. You'll probably have to pay a tad more.

EDIT: ps - check out estreetplastic.com. I just discovered them this evening. Plexi rods and tubes, acrylic mirror, and many sizes of styrene sheeting. Very very reasonable prices. Located out of Texas.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back