Spinning Stargate Replica?

Cjfedler

So i have once again been pulled into the world of Stargate. Except this time I have a job. So one thing that would be really, Really cool would be a Replica of the Stargate from SG-1 with an inner ring that Actually spins. Does anyone know if something like that actually exists? Or am I going to have to try(and quite possibly fail) at making one. Any sort of help would be appreciated

Full size ?

The weight of the spinning ring would be too heavy to spin easily...even made of hollow plastic it would weigh hundreds of pounds and there would be a lot of friction and resistance to spinning.

I'm not saying it can't be done. I would LOVE to see it done. :)

No, sorry for the confusion. I'm talking about something on a Much more manageable scale, like the 12 inch(ish) ones you can find on ebay. Just something i could hang on my wall and spin whenever I got bored

Much more doable. :lol

But you'll have to make it from scratch. I don't see a way to modify those single piece models on eBay.

Building the ring to be perfectly circular is the most important factor to my mind. Heavy or light; it won't spin well if it's binding from being out of round.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back