Kingsglaive Mask Final Fantasy XV

Hello! I want to work on posting on here more to talk to all of you wonderful people and share/discuss ideas! :)

I've been sculpting this mask from Kingsglaive, the Final Fantasy XV prequel movie. The movie was a tad confusing, I'm sure more will make sense after the game, but I'll be damned if it wasn't beautiful! I don't know if I'll make the full costume but I knew I needed to make Nyx's mask.

Squeenix did a great job with providing detailed screen shots of all of the costumes in that movie (thank you!)
IMG_3501.JPG

I then decided to try to sculpt this using Monster Clay and I think it came out pretty well! I know 3D modeling would have been more precise but my modeling skills are very very basic. I really do love sculpting and was a bit concerned about the technical detailing in this piece not translating well (or me not being able to execute it well, ha) but over-all I am pleased.
IMG_3493.JPGIMG_3492.JPGIMG_3497.JPG

We're going to mold it this week and assemble it all. I would love for it to move like it does in the movie where the horn stays in the same position but the mask goes back over the head to rest on the back. I have an idea for a set up for this but if anyone has something they've done similarly before I would love to see it! I also have some fabric swatches coming in for the brocade pattern for the cloth part of the mask, so hopefully those work out. I'll post more after molding and painting.

I am super excited for this game! Is anyone else making anything from it?

Keep going as it looks good so far.
Kings glave is a bit confusing if you haven't played the game (I haven't got any compatible hardware) or seen the brotherhood anime.
You wouldn't have any decent documentation on the watch would you?

I just got a chance to watch the movie. It was a bit confusing but I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Poor Sean Bean, hehe. the watch or the ring might be good props to make. or one of those nifty daggers....hmm.

Great build, I can't wait to see the progress!

JamesPurcell Thank you! It is a bit confusing, the anime helps out a bit with understanding the king. I feel like they released a bit a lore about the crystal and the kings powers surrounding it earlier on in the game development (like years ago) but i can't find it again. If you follow ffXV on twitter, they released a short story that shows what the 4 guys are doing during kingsglaive, that helps flesh it out with the anime too. The game is beautiful if you have a chance to play it!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! ooo them daggers... those would be cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now for a flash forward! We had the holidays and a home remodel project blah blah blah... here we are and we finished it! Garrick molded it and cast it out of onyx. We sanded it some more, did some minor smoothing and filler primer work, coated it with gloss black and finished it with Alclad Airframe aluminum paint which is my new favorite paint ever. I can't recommend it enough if you haven't tried it yet!

IMG_3589.JPGIMG_3585.JPGIMG_3580.JPGIMG_3581.JPG

I'm working on finishing the hood this week and we're trying to make it function so it moves back and sits on your head with the horn staying in place. I also had the fabric printed out so the mask is accurate to the design.

That came out fantastic! It looks exactly like 3D renders pulled straight from the game. Plus it's really nice seeing some high quality FFXV work (I'm laying the groundwork for my own FFXV/Kingsglaive build and was surprised I didn't see more out there).

Is that Al paint an airbrush paint?

That came out fantastic! It looks exactly like 3D renders pulled straight from the game. Plus it's really nice seeing some high quality FFXV work (I'm laying the groundwork for my own FFXV/Kingsglaive build and was surprised I didn't see more out there).

Is that Al paint an airbrush paint?

Yup, its an airbrush lacquer.

Looks fantastic makes me want to make the full costume even more. Currently trying to get a modeller to make Nyx Ulric's Daggers so I can print them. If they turn out well I may commission someone to make me the costume as my sewing skills are none existent lol.

Thanks for the images! I have been wanting to make out of aluminum for a while. Ho boy! Another project. I really liked the movie. I loved the multipower : shieldd, fireball,lightning, invis (did I miss one?). And the dagger teleport.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back