The Fate of the Red Jammer

I think we all are unofficially tracking where these amazing models ended up. It connects the dots and creates a continuity I find fascination and reckon we all do too.

Every once in a while you get to see something surface you never thought you would, like Gold Leader, or Vader's Wingman, the remains of Triangles, and even some crazier stuff from the first days of ILM in December of 75/Winter of 76. I'd love to see it all documented, and put out there for fandom at large, and it looks like a lot of the photos that surfaced over the past ten years will be with the new Japanese Chronicles, which is really cool!

While we do not know the current status of Red Jammer, we do know it's in the official collection and is treated like a museum piece. That's good to know!

Rogue is out and we've seen it multiple times by now. The Y-wing is different in it. BLASPHE... my goodness! The panels, are they a design feature or a shortcut for easier modeling? I'm just not sure what to think of that. I like the look but I'd love to know the reasoning behind the decision.

This video of the making of the digital models for Rogue emerged. A rogue video, I guess (pun intended). In it we see a Y-wing on the table next to the main display. Is it safe to say anything about it yet? That model, an EFX collectible or one of yours Jason? Something else?

The Y-Wing that was scanned for Rogue One was not the Red Jammer. That's all I am allowed to say at the moment.

Loved that Japanese Chronicles book btw. Not as extensive as I have fantasized but it's a step to the right direction.

Hi Avanaut.
The Y-wing on the table is a Master Replicas model. I know because I own one and the paint job on it is the same. A friend of mine also has one and when we put them together they looked the same. Looked like they where in a rush to produce them. Had the opportunity to do a complete repaint to make it look more accurate like gold leader.

Hi Avanaut.
The Y-wing on the table is a Master Replicas model. I know because I own one and the paint job on it is the same. A friend of mine also has one and when we put them together they looked the same. Looked like they where in a rush to produce them. Had the opportunity to do a complete repaint to make it look more accurate like gold leader.

Thanks! The Y-wing on that video sports a red astromech, it seems to match the MR Y-wings (based on Google image search). It's possible that it is what they used as reference for the CGI Rogue birds.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back