Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.38.06 PM.png
    910.7 KB · Views: 442
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.38.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.38.38 PM.png
    561 KB · Views: 257
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.39.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 10.39.21 PM.png
    214.9 KB · Views: 283
After seeing a few different colors of The Major's Thermoptic Pistol. I think that the pistol changes or is swapped out to match The Major's outfit.

After seeing a few different colors of The Major's Thermoptic Pistol. I think that the pistol changes or is swapped out to match The Major's outfit.

That's what I was thinking; that the pistol's got thermoptic camo, too, and can change colors / go invisible, etc.

Hmm I can see why they wanted an updated Mateba type, I guess that makes sense. I wonder why they made Togusa so old. I thought he was one of the youngest team members.

I'm kind of surprised by the casting choice as well. I see Togusa as a young man, maybe closing in on 40 at the oldest, but certainly not closing in on 50. I'd of cast a much younger actor in the role.

The Rhino is the obvious choice. I do wish they'd of boxed off those vents though, just to give it a look closer to a Mateba. But I'm just fanboy nitpicking really.

• The "Gunmen Shotgun" says "870 MAGNUM" on it, but there's no "REMINGTON" and it looks like there might a different logo to the left of the serial number (0065980).

I Am pretty sure the pump shotgun is a Chinese Remington clone made by Norinco

Such great props in this film. Hoping someone will do a run here, or we see some replicas officially licensed.

Love Major's and Batou's pistols.

Many resources seem to state that the Major's thermoptic pistol is based on Glock 19, however, it looks to my eye that Glock 17 seem to be better match in sizewise. Any real background documentation to why it's considered to be based on Glock 19 vs. 17? Here's a dirty photoshop trying to show my point:

pistol.jpg

Anyone able to help with identifying Batou's base pistol/s please?

Never mind http://www.imfdb.org/ says they're "Glock 17s with customised grips and an underbarrel attachment."

I had this one and Batou's other gun 3d printed for my Batou costume. The Glock 17 was the right one. Sizing came out great in proportion to the thigh holster and the chest holster. Sorry I don't have better pictures, but you can see the size of the one strapped to my chest.

ypLrzgA.jpg

ypLrzgA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy ****** dude, that's awesome (and exactly what I was planned)!
Can't see a build thread for this in your posts ... is that info you'd be ok to share? Might PM you.

Thank you! My friend (Banzai88) was Togusa and we got stopped and complimented by Richard Taylor of Weta at SDCC.

I don't really have a build thread. I was thinking about starting one but for now I'll upload some additional images and PM you the link.

Just a point of reference but the weapons from the film are incorrect because the ones from the Manga and anime are no longer produced by anyone.
The majors Thermoptic pistol is actually a Seburo M5 pistol and is the only know weapon to have a 3d downloadable model available.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back