JaycVenlo's Deadpool Movie build, methods and files

Tnx. But i did that for multiple reasons:
1. these have cost me 3 euros in total. only had to pay for the hole-ringes. the rest of the materials where free or i had them. (and this costume will be expensive enough)
2. those screen used dont necessarily will fit my replica guns. i figured, first find some nice replica guns, and the make some perfect fit holsters.
3. its just fun to do! :)
Sounds good and a cheaper option.

First pouch for the belt finished.
Combination of 1 and 3 mm and 2mm foam covered in fake leather.
Painted and weathered with acrylic paint. Finished it of with hairspray for coating and gloss effect.

deadpool pouch 01.JPG

I know I'm freaking late in asking, but did you want the patterns I used for the shins? You've been better with consistently sharing so if you want to use them and improve upon them, then that would be cool. I just haven't been able to find the time to do a tutorial and share them.

some progress done on the belt. Love the way its coming together now. Just a few more pouches to make..
:wacko
deadpool belt 01.JPG

the suit itself is also in the making.
My tailor and me, measured, drawn some lines, made a sketch, to get the pre-suit ready.
It will be a test suit first, to see if everyhing fits and alligns right.. after that it will be made with the real fabric.
Mask will be from Illustrastudios. The best out there!

- - - Updated - - -

this is the sketch we made.
dp costume sketch.jpg

Last edited:
finished one boot. Damn they are really a pain in the butt. And definitly not without flawes. I dipped them but i think painting had been more longlasting. the have about 5 coats but the sharp edges and part that slide over on another will damage fairly quick. But whatever... heres the result:

deadpool boots 01.JPGdeadpool boots 02.JPGdeadpool boots 03.JPGdeadpool boots 04.JPGdeadpool boots 05.JPGdeadpool boots 06.JPG

some progress done. Doesnt seem much but i think its a very important piece. Wich also wasnt an easy peace.
The shoulder pads!!
The first one i made was 5mm foam with fake leather on it. Was okay but very cleas seamlines and almost none flexible.
The second was 2mm foam covered with plastidip. Was better regarding movement bit didnt like the finish. Again seamlines an bad dipping.
The third one is also 2mm foam covered with plastidip but this time :
- i first sanded the seamlines then filled them up with woodglue, very thin
- sand again, filled up with woodglue again. (just fill the seams try to avoid the rest of the surface.
-plastidipped it with very thin layer
-finished it up with matte black deco paint. (i thought the flat black plastidip was to shiny)
i will try to round it more with my heat gun, but i am happy with the result as it is.

Result from 1 to 3.
deadpool should pads.jpg

That part is a huge challenge to do in anything but rubber. It has such huge flex in the movie. Have you thought about making a perfect one and casting it?

Yes i know. they could be perfect then. although in the movie they really look like leather..

But for now thats just to much work in my tight schedule. (25.febr = deadline)
I first have to make 2 perfect symmetrical sculpts, because theres a left and right shoulder. From there you have to make negative(reversed) molds. And then you can mold in silicone rubber.
The thing is... i also have zero experience in moulding. so before i fugure it out with all trial and error... my deadline will be long gone i gues.
not the mention what it would cost. Materialwise the shoulders i made now are about 10 Euros a piece.

the easiest way would be, someone creates a perfect 3D file for the shoulders-> Print both of them ->Smooth those out -> make a mold > cast -> finish

I've had some success making the Plasti Dip more matte by peppering the piece with a really light coat or two. Hold the can twice as far as normal and just waive it back and forth. If you warm it up first, it'll atomize better and you'll get the tiny little particles drying a bit before landing. After a couple very thin coats, it'll take the shine away pretty well. Another way is maybe a thin watered down wash of matte black acrylic paint. Do essentially like you're weathering the piece, but because it's black, it just makes it look more dull.

I've had some success making the Plasti Dip more matte by peppering the piece with a really light coat or two. Hold the can twice as far as normal and just waive it back and forth. If you warm it up first, it'll atomize better and you'll get the tiny little particles drying a bit before landing. After a couple very thin coats, it'll take the shine away pretty well. Another way is maybe a thin watered down wash of matte black acrylic paint. Do essentially like you're weathering the piece, but because it's black, it just makes it look more dull.

Doesnt that also create some texture?

That part is a huge challenge to do in anything but rubber. It has such huge flex in the movie. Have you thought about making a perfect one and casting it?
From what I've read the real ones where shaped leather over a vacuform shell

- - - Updated - - -

finished one boot. Damn they are really a pain in the butt. And definitly not without flawes. I dipped them but i think painting had been more longlasting. the have about 5 coats but the sharp edges and part that slide over on another will damage fairly quick. But whatever... heres the result:

View attachment 693753View attachment 693754View attachment 693755View attachment 693756View attachment 693757View attachment 693758

This suit is turning out amazing and you've helped me out alot with your templates I'm going to be slowly making one over the year. Hand painting little squares on fabric takes a while lol.
Keep up the amazing work
Subscribed

Amazing work! did you just freehand cut those shoulder pieces, or did you use some kind of template? Also, same question on the sword scabbard.

Amazing work! did you just freehand cut those shoulder pieces, or did you use some kind of template? Also, same question on the sword scabbard.

For the shoulder all credits go to Colline83. He made some for his son an i copied his method.
What i did was:
- First wrap your shoulder in aluminum foil, and cover it with multiple layers of ductape. If you want a little bit of bulcky shoulder you shoud place 1 or 2 shoulder pads underneath your shirt or under the foil. that way you can see how thick you want it.
- then you use a permanent marker the trace the outlines of the shoulder piece.
- now you can remove it from your should and cut the outside form.
- now you have something that looks like the should.
- The trick now is to trace it in 2d on a piece of paper. What i did is i first seperated the round piece from the lower half of the shoulder. (see template below)
- After that you cut the round piece from the top on 2 or 3 place to flatten the piece out.
- Now you can trace it on the paper and your template is done!

Deadpool shoulder top.jpgDeadpool shoulder bottom.jpg

As for the swords and scabbard. I completly freehand drawn them in illustrator to get the right dimension and then build them out sintra. Layer by layer.
The template i have is not flawless but could be a nice guideline. I'll post them later.

The Plasti Dip does add some texture, but if you make the coats really light, it's minimal. Here's some examples of it on my Zoom mask.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

But still, using a really light coat of matte acrylic, or really light coat of black primer will dull the shine without giving much texture or risking flexibility. again, though, if it's light.

Last edited:
For the shoulder all credits go to Colline83. He made some for his son an i copied his method.
What i did was:
- First wrap your shoulder in aluminum foil, and cover it with multiple layers of ductape. If you want a little bit of bulcky shoulder you shoud place 1 or 2 shoulder pads underneath your shirt or under the foil. that way you can see how thick you want it.
- then you use a permanent marker the trace the outlines of the shoulder piece.
- now you can remove it from your should and cut the outside form.
- now you have something that looks like the should.
- The trick now is to trace it in 2d on a piece of paper. What i did is i first seperated the round piece from the lower half of the shoulder. (see template below)
- After that you cut the round piece from the top on 2 or 3 place to flatten the piece out.
- Now you can trace it on the paper and your template is done!

View attachment 698901View attachment 698900

As for the swords and scabbard. I completly freehand drawn them in illustrator to get the right dimension and then build them out sintra. Layer by layer.
The template i have is not flawless but could be a nice guideline. I'll post them later.

thank you so much!

Looks great!

The Plasti Dip does add some texture, but if you make the coats really light, it's minimal. Here's some examples of it on my Zoom mask.

But still, using a really light coat of matte acrylic, or really light coat of black primer will dull the shine without giving much texture or risking flexibility. again, if it's light.

lets do something practical and easy!
Of course its important to carry your phone on a secure way.
So what i did, i bought a cheap fake leather iphone pouch with clip.. all what was neccessary, paint, damage, add fake clip on the front. Ready!

Before and after
s-l1600.jpegdeadpool pouch iphone.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back