Halo - ODST Mk I

So my metallic visor came in and instead of seeing if the templates fit with the helmet, I cut-out the material in the same design as the template an found out that the templates are smaller than the helmet, despite being cut from the same dimension file-size. I already ordered another pair and should be here within the week. And I sized it with the visor template that this was sized with and it turned out to be small. So, I'm going to need to MAKE a template.
ODST 01.jpg

But here's some good news, I got the symbols painted on the armor.
ODST 02.jpgODST 03.jpgODST 04.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm re-making the gauntlets because the others were too small, and for the second one I made it into this shield thing, mainly because the first had so much detail and cutting. But here they are, wood-glued and ready to be primed, painted and coated.
ODST 08.jpgODST 07.jpg

here's the progress so far. on for the accents and then coating.
ODST2.jpeg.pngODST4.jpeg.png
ODST.jpeg.pngODST3.jpeg.png[SUB]
[/SUB]

ODST 07.jpg

ODST 08.jpg

ODST.jpeg.png

ODST2.jpeg.png

ODST3.jpeg.png

ODST4.jpeg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied the white accents, will put up pics when I can. But now time for the final piece....the visor!!!

The visor is completed, I'm about to go get the cloths, add some padding in this, and I should be done! Yeah it's not pretty to look at, but that's why it's called a "Mk I."

ODST 10.jpg ODST 09.jpg

Last edited:
Behold!.....the Finished product!

Shoulder_ Right.jpg Full body 02.jpg Full body action.jpg Shoulder_ Left.jpg Full body 01.jpg[SUB]
[/SUB]
Lessons: Need to use pepakura for other builds to have a clean, fitting suit. Use more detail to give suit more character; bullet holes, cuts, and other things. Learn more painting techniques to make the suit more realistic.

Full body 01.jpg

Full body 02.jpg

Full body action.jpg

Shoulder_ Left.jpg

Shoulder_ Right.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kitsune Kon happened from July, 14th, 2018- July, 16th, 2018. And I got myself into some photo shoots with other cosplayers.

01.jpg 04.jpg 02.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 03.jpg

Needless to say, it was very fun time......very sweaty though. I needed to take break after a flight of stairs. So Punched some hole in the helmet, to help with airflow. And here's a funny story: I signed myself up for the Cosplay Contest, but because I arrived around 5:30pm, it was too late to be judged, so I was a exhibition, basically a person with the title "You didn't make the cut to be judged, but you can still sign-up for show and not competition." 5 minutes before I get up on stage, this piece in the center of my torso snaps in half.

IMG_7750.jpg
I mean, it was horrible, it was sticking out like a sore thumb, but luckily, my fore arms were large enough to conceal the piece and I managed to glue it on with some Cement glue. Why this happened was because of this.

ODST 02.jpg
Because the two straps where connected to the center piece, and the torso, it was pulling the little piece in half. And it didn't make it any better when the gluing substance I used was HOT-GLUE, not CEMENT GLUE. But I learned my lesson and will only use the stronger substance.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back