LIFE (Post-release)

Re: Life

Oh......just watch out for skin tags.....creeped out

J

I got those--they hurt.

Here is what I am thinking. The guy reaching his hand in--I think that's going to be a red herring. He screams to fake folks out.

I'm thinking the bud releases spores--and causes an illness.

Being that Alien is one of my favorite films of all time, I am not feeling for this one.

Eager to get other peoples opinion. It looks to be a film where we spend all kinds of time getting to know the crew so we care when they all die to save earth but somehow the creature survives to make Life 2.

What the Flick actually gave it a very positive review. They said. Yes, it's A L I E N, but it's very well made and very suspenseful. I was kind of down on it, I'm more interested now. I like that they keep it in a zero-g environment.

Boy I just read the wiki for this and a lot of you guys called it, it's a very predictable and by the numbers modern film from the explanation of it.

They showed pretty much everyone getting attacked and the ship coming into the atmosphere . so either the trailer is full of B.S. or they showed the main plot points in it , which is the new go to .

Well made, from a technical viewpoint, other than some inaccuracies about the ISS. Good acting.

No real surprises though, and not particularly thought-provoking. It SHOULD have ended with:

the US or UN nuking the lander, regardless of who was in it

Being that Alien is one of my favorite films of all time, I am not feeling for this one.

Eager to get other peoples opinion. It looks to be a film where we spend all kinds of time getting to know the crew so we care when they all die to save earth but somehow the creature survives to make Life 2.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Well made, from a technical viewpoint, other than some inaccuracies about the ISS. Good acting.

Agreed about the inaccuracies:

An astronaut having to be outside the ISS to operate the Canadarm.

The Canadarm catching the Mars probe. It would have been ripped apart along with part of the station.

Needing an astronaut on both sides of an exterior hatch in order to open it.

The alien getting out of the isolation module by going into a fire suppression nozzle.

The alien getting back into the station through a reaction control thruster.

One of the crew opening the hatch of a module that has been vented to space.

Having to go through an isolation module to get to the lifeboats - not a very smart layout.

Opening a Soyuz capsule hatch from the ISS side (I'm pretty sure you can't do that).

The Soyuz capsule seal breaking and causing a windstorm in the ISS vs. explosive decompression. Hollywood loves those windstorms with people grabbing each others arms to keep from being blown out.

As for the alien design, I thought it was original and pretty scary.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back