BATMAN Arkham Origins inspired armor pics

NickDanger

So, I'm no longer new to working with foam and I am finished with my Batman Arkham Origins armor so I decided to post pics of the armor on a new thread. Props to Reznor9 for his great work which inspired me.

IMG_2497.jpgIMG_2500.jpgIMG_2499.jpgIMG_2501.jpgIMG_2503.jpgIMG_2505.jpgIMG_2508.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2497.JPG
    IMG_2497.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,112
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    859.5 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 387
  • IMG_2503.JPG
    IMG_2503.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 527
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    891.7 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_2508.JPG
    IMG_2508.JPG
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:
Here's the cowl and a comparison with the second version. The first version was an experiment. Version two was not bad but I really did not like the two seams on the crown of the head so I made version 3 which only has one seam on top. I did make the ears a little longer in v3 but I think I like the ear length on v2. I don't think I will make a v4. I have reworked the neck piece to make it more flexible and am working on the grappling hook gun.

IMG_2485.jpgIMG_2493.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    842.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    886.9 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
That's some fantastic work! I wish I could make a foam cowl half as well. Do you have an undersuit yet? I'm sure everyone wants to see it together!

Thanks. I have a thread i started about a year ago when I first started my build. There are pics of me in the costume at the end of that thread.http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=249628

I made the cowl last. I made a mold of my head and patterned the cowl with some inspiration from this video https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIVnXQgv5g

Of course mine is more of an Arkam Origins build. As I mentioned above I had a few trial and error versions before what I just posted. I think the key to clean seams on any foam piece is of course steady hands when sticking the various parts together but also using fresh contact cement that is somewhat runny. Older thick cement tends to leave residue on the sides of a seam. Two thin coats is the way to go for the bits where you are trying to not leave a seam. Again the steady hand plays a HUGE part! Also using something to fill gaps and blend edges like DAP Kwik Seal helps. It can be sanded lightly with fine grit sand paper. I painted the cowl with about 5 coats of spray on Plasti Dip and that helps fill in very thin gaps and smoothe edges.

For my under suit I am wearing heat gear spandex shirt and pants. I also wear some nylon shorts.

One other question? For your shins; are they all one piece or is there elastic for hinging and full range of motion of your knee?

I did not opt for an articulate knee on the shin guards. I have been thinking about a 2.0 with a hinged knee. I was also thinking about facing the shin guards with sentra and remake the gauntlets with sentra bits as well. Also...redoing the torso to allow better arm movement and better pecs. In the event I actually do all that, I will use the first suit as a zombie Batman suit. You know, all bloodied and worn with a half eaten cowl and zombie face.

You asked if i made a template for the shins. Yes I did. I patterned most all the pieces before cutting them. I worked from pictures of the NECA Arkham Origins figure as well as Reznor 9s torso armor. If were wanting to know if you could get my pattern I don't have a problem with that but the pattern is custom sized for me. I'm only 5'5".

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I would love to get the pattern if you are offering. I'm 6'2" but resizing would probably not be an issue.. I was just interested in the mobility of the shin guards. They turned out awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. I would love to get the pattern if you are offering. I'm 6'2" but resizing would probably not be an issue.. I was just interested in the mobility of the shin guards. They turned out awesome.

Here's my favorite pic...with a little Photoshop work...***Edited with new favorite pic***

BATMAN_EX_pic.jpg

Attachments

• BATMANme_Batcave.jpg
    BATMANme_Batcave.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Send me a PM with your email address. I will send you a pdf with some explanation on cutting and glueing the foam. The cuts require some bevels rather than straight cuts. Also go ahead a look for the button head bolts. I will be out of town for a while so give me a couple of weeks. Sorry.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back