Westworld Man in Black LeMat

Temperamental, but awesome firearms. I wish someone made a replica of the older, more intimidating LeMat (pronounced 'leh-MAH', for those who are unfamiliar).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I saw that video a little while back and immediately ordered the denix Lemat.

Heads up for anyone trying to take on this project as I am the denix lemat has inaccuracies and mods needed to be correct.
First off it is a LeMat but not the denix model. It's actually a "pietta lemat" which has a very different trigger guard and they don't make a replica of that model. Of course as in the video he has has a .38 conversion which looking at the denix it will be difficult. The denix also as is cannot be disassembled. The markings/lines around each of the blast caps arnt circular like it should be. I won't even start on the small details the replica is missing but if you look close at the 2 you will find many. What may be the most disappointing part is the fact that the hammer cannot be flipped down to hit the shotgun like in the show. The gun has markings on the hammer like it should but it's solid and unmovable...

So anyways I do own the denix replica lemat and have it in hand so if anyone has questions about it or need pictures just lmk. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I know a few years back when I did Jaynes LeMat, you could still buy real trigger guard replacements in the correct two finger format. So search for real LeMat parts you may get lucky.

I know a few years back when I did Jaynes LeMat, you could still buy real trigger guard replacements in the correct two finger format. So search for real LeMat parts you may get lucky.

Yea tried that. No luck so far... I'll keep trying. Also the denix trigger guard is not removable so it would have to be cut off and grinder smooth.

Yea tried that. No luck so far... I'll keep trying. Also the denix trigger guard is not removable so it would have to be cut off and grinder smooth.

I have done a few Jayne's Boo builds with a LeMat denix. I have found a dremel with a cut off wheel and hand file did the trick! You'll also have to remove the grip eyelet and replace it with a ring.

Ok, there are 2 guns he uses.
1 is the cap and ball shown in the photo.
The second is the cartridge conversion.
This has been a common conversion since the dawn of cowboy films and in the US, you are blessed to be able to get the cartridge conversion sets.
Alas as noted, they don't fit the denix models.
Or atleast the colt 1851 doesn't fit. I have the blacksmiths plans and have compared them.

There was a member here that did a lot PKD's in cast pewter. He also did a very limited run of Jayne's Boo pistol in pewter that included the cartridge conversion. I thought it was SO cool but when I contacted him, he said the molds were toast. I'm sure a machine shop could fab up a mock cartridge conversion for a denix.

I have done a few Jayne's Boo builds with a LeMat denix. I have found a dremel with a cut off wheel and hand file did the trick! You'll also have to remove the grip eyelet and replace it with a ring.

Yep, exactly what I did as well. The soft metal was very easy to cut and file, and the real trigger guard looks so nice.

I may have to buy that replica just to display. Even if it's got some little discrepancies, it would still look great on a shelf.

Anyone know what revolver Hector Escaton carries?

Any takers?

Here are some screen caps:
escaton%20revolver.jpg

The ejection rod housing appears to rest directly beneath the barrel. I'm having the hardest time identifying it.

It does look like an "open top" model.

As a fan of this show, Ed Harris, and even more so Firefly, I love seeing this handsome firearm in the limelight again :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back