Westworld Man in Black LeMat

I ordered mine from wildbill. They really do have the best prices that I could find. Everything arrived on time. No problem.

I actually purchased mine through Discount Cutlery, they were cheap and allow payment through paypal, Item arrived in about 5 business days.

http://www.discountcutlery.net/DX10...ederate-Civil-War-Pistol-Replica_p_34688.html

On a side note I would love to get some feedback as to which everyone likes as a potential wall hanger. Thinking of making it look a bit like a whiskey barrel lid. Any other ideas would be awesome, thanks.

C.jpgB.jpgA.jpg

https://postimg.org/image/d3v7xaw0h/
https://postimg.org/image/pwnxayx01/
https://postimg.org/image/uwldix2mp/

I was going to order from DC until I saw they wanted around $22 for shipping, which I thought was a bit much.

The second one looks best to me. The maze version looks cool, but might be too busy looking once you put the pistol on it.

Never bought a Denix before. be a few more weeks before I could possibly get one. couple of questions If anyone would mind. looks like the trigger hammer and cylinder work/rotate? and how far can this thing be taken apart?

Barrel comes off relatively easily, mine was friction fitted so I put a long screw driver down the shotgun barrel and gently tapped the screwdriver with hammer over a bed or carpet so as to not damage it. Next part is where I lost a piece, beneath the cylinder along the rod that inserts into it there is a button and possibly a spring, not sure because the pieces flew out when I was taking it apart. I was able to recover the button and just jammed wads of paper untill the button was tight again. In any event its the piece that gives friction to the cylinder so it doesn't spin freely. Both the grips come off, the muzzle loader is held on by a screw, and the hook that holds it at the end can also be removed if you want, mine came off by accident. The internals can be taken out and there are three pieces and two springs inside; the hammer, the trigger and this piece that rotates the cylinder. I would take pictures once you get cover off so you can see how it all goes back together. The two springs are a bit difficult to get back to where they need to be when it is time to reassemble, the smaller spring is very easy to lose, and is by far the harder to reset. The trigger guard does not come off, and is part of the cast. Hope this helps

helps allot thank you josh. wish this was one of those times a prop person would come along from the show and tell us about the heroes of this weapon. wonder why the kept the ball loder on a converted to cartridge gun...

the problem with the Lemat is that there is no bullet conversion kit for the real thing. the cap and ball pistol is a .44 I believe, but the cylinder has no room for the cartridge rim. the TV conversion uses a .38 short cartridge. the problem there is the round is now smaller then that barrel. And on the real lemat, the shot barrel is part of the pistol frame. It's a Hollywood conversion, only intended to fire blanks.

Sweet satisfaction. Just got my new trigger guard installed.

20161213_004415.jpg

20161213_004321.jpg

20161213_004258.jpg

20161213_004240.jpg

Removing the existing trigger guard was a bit of a pain, but I made short work of it with my trusty angle grinder! This was the previous finish I had on it. Looking much more glossy now. :cool

20161212_211857.jpg

Still waiting on the lanyard loop to come in.

Last edited:
Sweet satisfaction. Just got my new trigger guard installed.
Still waiting on the lanyard loop to come in.

That is coming out awesome, How does the alcohol ink hold up? It's a nice deep black but when I had tried a bit it seemed like it wanted to come off easily. Did you do anything else "set" the color?

Yeah, it's going to require a clear coat to seal it in. The ink holds pretty well, but it does eventually rub off on places where its handled a lot, like the grip area. I had originally just tapped it on with a felt ink pad, which gave it a cool antique looking finish, but it didn't really match William's on screen finish and it was also way less glossy than the trigger guard. So I ended up using one of these guys . . .

ef-683a03fa13da_1.48f86041e498000ec3dbe8372981a011.jpg

:D

Gave it a nice thick black gloss finish. It's basically the same stuff, alcohol ink. I plan to give it a final gloss coat after I get the lanyard loop installed.

I chose the Enfield, but I don't think it really matters. My feeling is that they are both have too small a ring.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back