Doctor Strange (Post-release)

I enjoyed the Ancient One, but overall, a seemingly super basic plot line. We never find out much more about her backstory. Has one of the best/beautiful emotional moments though, which was excellent with the lightning, the helicopter, and stretching her last moment into a thousand in the Astral plane.

Am I the only one who thought there would be something behind all of the scars on her head?

I enjoyed the Ancient One, but overall, a seemingly super basic plot line. We never find out much more about her backstory. Has one of the best/beautiful emotional moments though, which was excellent with the lightning, the helicopter, and stretching her last moment into a thousand in the Astral plane.

Am I the only one who thought there would be something behind all of the scars on her head?

I'm certain there is, but it didn't really pertain to the narrative of the movie, so they didn't want to bog down the pacing.

I did think we might find out something much more impactful than the fact that she was simply channeling dark energy.

I'm certain there is, but it didn't really pertain to the narrative of the movie, so they didn't want to bog down the pacing.

It kind of does though? The fact that the Ancient One does what she does (do as I say not as I do) is the whole catalyst of Mordo's arc isnt it, and her arc is informed by her long, long "questionable" past... I must admit I've only seen once so I'm struggling for specific detail now.

It kind of does though? The fact that the Ancient One does what she does (do as I say not as I do) is the whole catalyst of Mordo's arc isnt it, and her arc is informed by her long, long "questionable" past... I must admit I've only seen once so I'm struggling for specific detail now.

The scars could have come from anything. An accident, Celtic ritual scarification of some sort… there’s nothing dictating that they have anything to do with the actual revelation within the movie.

I saw it today. I really enjoyed it. The visuals, Cumberbatch, Swinton, McAdams, Ejiofor...all awesome.

I don't know much about the character from the comics, so I liked that we got a bit of an origin story that wasn't too "over the top" origin.

We also got one more of the "Infinity Stones Spell Out Thanos" stones...

T-Tesseract (First Avenger)
H-???
A-Aether (Dark World)
N-Necklace (Strange)
O-Orb (Guardians)
S-Scepter (Avengers)

I also liked how they mentioned that the Avengers protect earth from physical threats, and in this "world" they protect earth from more mystical threats. Good way to tie everything into the same universe.

woah, so that really might be another clue to the theory I've been hearing of Heimdall having the Soul Gem. Too eerie now

Yeah, that's been the theory going around for a bit now. I'm not sure how much I buy into it, considering all of the other stones are in objects, where Heimdall is clearly a person...but...there is that orange gem that is in his chestplate...

T-Tesseract (First Avenger)
H-???
A-Aether (Dark World)
N-Necklace (Strange)
O-Orb (Guardians)
S-Scepter (Avengers)
That's an old theory. I can buy "Tesseract" and "Orb" but calling the Eye of Agamotto a "Necklace"? That's a stretch. "Scepter" is also a stretch because the scepter is not part of the stone. It's like calling the "Orb" a hammer because it was mounted to Ronan's weapon.

That's an old theory. I can buy "Tesseract" and "Orb" but calling the Eye of Agamotto a "Necklace"? That's a stretch. "Scepter" is also a stretch because the scepter is not part of the stone. It's like calling the "Orb" a hammer because it was mounted to Ronan's weapon.

I never said it was new.

The Tesseract and the Orb weren't parts of the stone, either...they were just the vessels that the stones were being carried in, just as the scepter was holding one.

How is calling the Eye of Agamotto a necklace a stretch? Was it not worn around the neck and mounted on a chain?

I never said it was new.
Let's say it's completely true. Do you believe it's just a Marvel Easter Egg or do you think the acronym actually has some significance in the upcoming Infinity War? I can buy the argument for the former but the latter is a stretch for me.

The Tesseract and the Orb weren't parts of the stone, either...they were just the vessels that the stones were being carried in, just as the scepter was holding one.
Fair enough - at least about the Orb. I don't think the Tesseract was a vessel.

How is calling the Eye of Agamotto a necklace a stretch? Was it not worn around the neck and mounted on a chain?
Technically, a necklace is defined as the ornamental chain that's worn with a pendant or unadorned as jewelry. The Eye is strictly an amulet or talisman that is the pendant for the nameless necklace.

I think it's just a coincidence since some of the connections require that you bend the rules a bit. With a little manipulation you can make almost anything work.

Thor
Heimdall
Asgard
Nine Realms
Odin
Sif

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross
Hawkeye
Agent 13
Nick Fury
Obadiah Stane
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Theresa Cassidy (Siryn)
Hank McCoy (Beast)
Alison Blaire (Dazzler)
Nightcrawler
Ororo Munroe (Storm)
Scott Summers (Cyclops)

Don't take me wrong. I'm not trying to slam you for pointing it out. It's just my opinion that it's a stretch to think it's anything more than a curious coincidence. If I'm wrong I owe you a no-prize.

Last edited:
Let's say it's completely true. Do you believe it's just a Marvel Easter Egg or do you think the acronym actually has some significance in the upcoming Infinity War? I can buy the argument for the former but the latter is a stretch for me.

Fair enough - at least about the Orb. I don't think the Tesseract was a vessel.

Technically, a necklace is defined as the ornamental chain that's worn with a pendant or unadorned as jewelry. The Eye is strictly an amulet or talisman that is the pendant for the nameless necklace.

I think it's just a coincidence since some of the connections require that you bend the rules a bit. With a little manipulation you can make almost anything work.

Thor
Heimdall
Asgard
Nine Realms
Odin
Sif

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross
Hawkeye
Agent 13
Nick Fury
Obadiah Stane
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Theresa Cassidy (Siryn)
Hank McCoy (Beast)
Alison Blaire (Dazzler)
Nightcrawler
Ororo Munroe (Storm)
Scott Summers (Cyclops)

Don't take me wrong. I'm not trying to slam you for pointing it out. It's just my opinion that it's a stretch to think it's anything more than a curious coincidence. If I'm wrong I owe you a no-prize.

If it's true, I would think it's just a fun Easter Egg that doesn't hold any real significance.

The Tesseract is the device that contains the Space Stone. Thor had a vision of it being shattered.

https://youtu.be/QcfRLV3_j6o

These are the reasons I personally find Heimdall to be a poor choice in theory for the final stone. All of the other items are just that, objects, but Heimdall isn't really an object.

I honestly think that your your suggestion that the Eye isn't a necklace is quite a bit more of a stretch than the general description of it as a necklace. While technically an amulet or pendant, have you ever known anyone to say something like "Honey, have you seen my silver heart pendant that strings onto an ornamental silver chain?" I haven't...what I have heard many times is "Honey, have you seen my silver heart necklace?" :lol

And while you can come come up with all kinds of things with a little manipulation that spell Thanos, none of those things can easily be used to describe common terms for items that we know in the MCU to contain an Infinity Stone.

I'm still not keen on the Heimdall idea, it just doesn't flow with the rest of the theory's objects. I also think that people are forgetting that "Black Panther" comes out before "Infinity War Part One", or "Infinity War," or whatever it's called now...so if the theory is accurate, it's entirely possible the H could be revealed in Black Panther's film.

And don't worry, I know you aren't trying to slam me for pointing it out. I actually agree that it's just a curious thing, but I think that it's a deliberate Easter Egg that just happens to work out pretty easily. :)

Last edited:
My roommate and I were discussing where the 6th stone could be, and we're thinking Black Panther. All of the other stones have been spread out to different parts of the franchise.

Space Stone (aka Tesseract): Captain America
Mind Stone: Avengers
Reality Stone (aka Aether): Thor 2
Power Stone: Guardians of the Galaxy
Time Stone: Doctor Strange

Most likely, the Soul Stone will be found before Infinity War. We have 4 movies before then: Guardians 2, Spiderman, Thor 3, and Black Panther.

Guardians and Thor have already had a stone, and Spiderman is more down-to-Earth, so is unlikely to have a stone. This leaves Black Panther, if they continue the spreading around of the stones. Furthermore, with Black Panther being the film directly before Infinity War, it could likely be its discovery is the catalyst to trigger IW.

Random thoughts:

-If Loki have defeated the Avengers in New York...Would the Ancient One have stepped up to defend Earth even though Kamar-Taj sorcerers only protect the world from mystical threats?

-Or if Ultron defeated the Avengers...Would the Ancient One have stepped up and use the Eye of Agamotto to save Earth?

My roommate and I were discussing where the 6th stone could be, and we're thinking Black Panther. All of the other stones have been spread out to different parts of the franchise.

Space Stone (aka Tesseract): Captain America
Mind Stone: Avengers
Reality Stone (aka Aether): Thor 2
Power Stone: Guardians of the Galaxy
Time Stone: Doctor Strange

Most likely, the Soul Stone will be found before Infinity War. We have 4 movies before then: Guardians 2, Spiderman, Thor 3, and Black Panther.

Guardians and Thor have already had a stone, and Spiderman is more down-to-Earth, so is unlikely to have a stone. This leaves Black Panther, if they continue the spreading around of the stones. Furthermore, with Black Panther being the film directly before Infinity War, it could likely be its discovery is the catalyst to trigger IW.

I have been thinking the same thing.

There's already been an Infinity Stone in the "Guardians" franchise, and one in the "Thor" franchise...I don't really think there would be one in the "Spider-Man" franchise simply because that wasn't part of the overall story when they first started getting all of their ducks in a row...Marvel and Sony didn't reach their deal for Spidey to be in MCU films until 2015, from what I can ascertain...maybe they had some inklings before then, but it couldn't have been too much before then. As such, it seems "Spider-Man" would be out of the mix simply because that film wouldn't have even been considered when they were building their underlying Infinity Stone subplot in their connected films.

To me, that leaves "Black Panther" as the obvious place that we will see the final Stone...because it's a "different" franchise, and because exactly as you said...it's the film directly before "Infinity War."

I have been thinking the same thing.

There's already been an Infinity Stone in the "Guardians" franchise, and one in the "Thor" franchise...I don't really think there would be one in the "Spider-Man" franchise simply because that wasn't part of the overall story when they first started getting all of their ducks in a row...Marvel and Sony didn't reach their deal for Spidey to be in MCU films until 2015, from what I can ascertain...maybe they had some inklings before then, but it couldn't have been too much before then. As such, it seems "Spider-Man" would be out of the mix simply because that film wouldn't have even been considered when they were building their underlying Infinity Stone subplot in their connected films.

To me, that leaves "Black Panther" as the obvious place that we will see the final Stone...because it's a "different" franchise, and because exactly as you said...it's the film directly before "Infinity War."
I heard somewhere that someone confirmed that Guardians 2 wont have an Infinity stone. I think Ragnorok is a likely candidate personally.

Why wouldn't the last stone be introduced in Infinity War? They might give us Adam Warlock and the Soul stone/gem in that story.

That's entirely possible.

I guess I have just been thinking that Infinity War was going to focus SOLELY on The Avengers vs Thanos...and to be honest, I have no real idea WHY I have assumed this all along. :lol

That's entirely possible.

I guess I have just been thinking that Infinity War was going to focus SOLELY on The Avengers vs Thanos...and to be honest, I have no real idea WHY I have assumed this all along. :lol
Well I suspect that the Infinity War might be a little more like the Cosmic Cube story where the story of Adam Warlock was a critical arc within the larger narrative.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back