New 2001 odyssey model, Tycho moonbase

stargazer1

Hi Guys (and girls)

Being cast by Dave (Blappy) and will be sold on Starship by John & Linda.

see pix here.

http://www.planet3earth.co.uk/TYCHO%20MOONBASE.htm

I don't think that this has ever been the subject of a model kit before, and may well be the first time at all it is seen as a model since the original in the movie. This kit continues my 'constant 1/144 scale 2001 craft.

On looking closely at the studio still photo (see studio pix). you can see tracks in the lunar surface, evidently made by surface vehicles...
by zooming close in the lower left of the complex you can see what may well be those craft. Cant be totaly sure... but studio drawings exist
of similar size tracked vehicles. The overall shape, are based on the overhead studio picture, and those mentioned drawings as well as the spacing of the tracks on the surface. (Decals are from my spares box)

Given that the base is only seen 'at height' in the movie, and seen in three studio photos, (that I know of) some small part of the base is 'extrapolation' (95% being what is actually seen)

I may well do the TMA1 site next.... to go with the base, in studio drawings the Tma1 site was walking distance from the Base.

I don't know the price, or when the model will be out.... But would be very interested to know how many of you would buy a kit.

I should say that to save cost, some of the cratered Lunar surface outside the base area, can be 'scratch made' I will supply instructions as to how.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back