2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

Wow. Seems like it will be a perfect year!

Got PMs back and aside from the one late gift we're all good! I'm sure a thank you post is coming once one very busy member has things get back to normal. :)

Great job everyone!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

That's awesome!! Thanks again so much for organizing this. Can't wait for this years exchange!!!

Busy Holiday season for me travelling all over the world but I finally have time to post a picture of my awesome SS gift!

PHOTO.jpg

I got a classic Batmobile licence plate along with decals of loads of different bat-symbols. Awesome gift, and since I have no space to get the rest of a full sized Batmobile it is sitting on my desk at work now.

My SS was Cmdr.Kerner, who kindly sent the gift all the way from Germany to Hong Kong for me. Thanks very much!

Many thanks again to my SS and of course to Michael for organising this awesome event again!

Got mine today, my kids were as excited as I was.
20170105_135023.jpg
Neat packaging, and inside...
20170105_135233.jpg
20170105_135229.jpg
20170105_135230.jpg
Three posters, plus a Vault tec rejection letter and birth certificate.
20170105_135346.jpg
20170105_135356.jpg
This stuff is great! My son claimed the Star Wars poster for his room. The rest are getting framed and hung in the front room. The Vault-tec documentation is going on my Fallout shelf.

So thats it then for one more year,

It made us laugh, it made us cheer.

100% is hard to do,

I played my part and so did you.

For some it was easy, for others a pain,

Some had Sleat and some had rain.

I love the SS and cannot wait,

For 2017's members fate.

Who will you get, maybe me?

I'm sure I'll get something to fill me with glee.

But not long to wait just 8 months more,

That means the next 7 will be a bore.

Ive only done this for 2 years now,

But living without it? I wouldnt know how.

Sending out gifts to different places,

Putting smiles on peoples faces.

This year I'll spend a little bit more,

This year I'll blow the budget for sure.

Michael if you know of someone who deserves,

A big ole prezzie, Doppelganger reserves!

I'll send them a prezzie to fill them with cheer,

And hopefully brighten a s****y year.

But thats it for now, its time to reflect,

But I'll dream of next year and what to expect.

So its all back to work with a grin and a sigh......

....... And oh yes Michael?...... That IS a Crane Fly.;)

Last edited:
That was really good.

It made me want to try it.

Yay, Secret Santa!!!

So thats it then for one more year,

It made us laugh, it made us cheer.

100% is hard to do,

I played my part and so did you.

For some it was easy, for others a pain,

Some had Sleat and some had rain.

I love the SS and cannot wait,

For 2017's members fate.

Who will you get, maybe me?

I'm sure I'll get something to fill me with glee.

But not long to wait just 8 months more,

That means the next 7 will be a bore.

Ive only done this for 2 years now,

But living without it? I wouldnt know how.

Sending out gifts to different places,

Putting smiles on peoples faces.

This year I'll spend a little bit more,

This year I'll blow the budget for sure.

Michael if you know of someone who deserves,

A big ole prezzie, Doppelganger reserves!

I'll send them a prezzie to fill them with cheer,

And hopefully brighten a s****y year.

But thats it for now, its time to reflect,

But I'll dream of next year and what to expect.

So its all back to work with a grin and a sigh......

....... And oh yes Michael?...... That IS a Crane Fly.;)

It's great to see so many gifts and so much happiness spread through this community. I loved making my recipients gift and finally worked out what the mandarin was on my letter from my SS (had to ask a buddy of mine). I'll be sure to share pictures once I work out the way I'm going to display my pins.

It's great to see everyone come together. I've only been here for a little while but already feel so welcomed. Thanks everyone and hope you have had a great new year. I've been spending it all down at the beach since it's too bloody hot here!

Oh oh someone's lookin' for me! Hey man, the case is nice! I wish I had my own cards made up now. I really need to do that. I have other builder's cards in it at the moment for quick reference. Thanks again! Oh and the candy has been devoured, it didn't stand a chance, hehe.

Id still like some info on my SS gift, well executed on that case? if you can tune in :D

Yeah, i posted a picture a few pages back.

Has your recipient not chimed in yet?

Sender Santa :D want to know more on the Fallout case :D

Oh oh someone's lookin' for me! Hey man, the case is nice! I wish I had my own cards made up now. I really need to do that. I have other builder's cards in it at the moment for quick reference. Thanks again! Oh and the candy has been devoured, it didn't stand a chance, hehe.Yeah, i posted a picture a few pages back.

Your welcome.maybe next years Santa can make you cards.

Hey everyone! I opened the package I received on Christmas Eve when I exchanged gifts with my family, but by Christmas morning I was feeling like crap, and I just started feeling better a couple of days ago. I've been meaning to post pics of my gifts ever since, but I've just been really busy so I didn't get around to taking them until today.

Anyways, here they are:

SS_Gifts_1.jpg
SS_Gifts_2.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not really a fan of the Pocket POP keychains, as I think they're way too big to use as a keychain, but Castiel is my favorite Supernatural character (other than Dean & Sam of course), so I'm considering trying to remove the keychain part without damaging it and displaying it next to the car. Speaking of which, I do like the mini Impala model, and surprisingly it's the only Supernatural Impala model/collectible I own, so I'm definitely happy to have it, and it will be going on display very soon :)

I have no idea who my Secret Santa was/is, since the package came directly from Amazon, but I'm sure they will read this, so...

large.gif
(this was the only Supernatural related "Thank You" gif I could find :lol)

Oh and I technically received/opened some gifts from another participant in this Secret Santa (my brother) on Christmas Eve, and he got me some really awesome stuff. So I couldn't help myself, I had to take/post a pic:

Gifts_from_my_bro.jpg

He always has to make sure he outdoes me :D I just took that picture today, and unfortunately as you can see I haven't even had time to open up my new XBOX One S :( Of course if I didn't already have the original XBOX One (which my brother also bought me, for Christmas 2014 iirc) I'm sure I would've found the time to open it :lol

Oh and I saw him (my brother) yesterday and asked him if he had already posted pics and a thank you in the thread, but he had completely spaced it out. I told him he needed to do it as soon as he could, but of course he doesn't know how to post pictures on an online forum :facepalm :lol So I'll be going over to his house either tonight or tomorrow night to help him post some pictures of his gift :)

Last (probably) but not least! I'm getting ready to move so things are getting complicated.

I got this cleverly decorated box.

1219161711a.jpg

With 4 things inside! Three wrapped presents (One not pictured in wrapping) and a letter.

1219161710.jpg

The star of the show was this carefully and handpainted Overwatch loot box. I can tell they spent some time on this.

1219161713.jpg

1219161713a.jpg

With some swag inside! The coolest one was a tiny Zeratul figure that went into my Starcraft collection and got packed. The rest I remembered to take a picture of.

0111172018a.jpg

The second wrapped gift was this Normandy poster, and a Mass Effect themed personal letter!

0111172018.jpg

The last one was a little death star usb charger.

ioni_sw_death_star_car_charge.jpg

Thanks, secret santa!

Got mine today, my kids were as excited as I was.
View attachment 695870
Neat packaging, and inside...
View attachment 695871
View attachment 695872
View attachment 695873
Three posters, plus a Vault tec rejection letter and birth certificate.
View attachment 695874
View attachment 695875
This stuff is great! My son claimed the Star Wars poster for his room. The rest are getting framed and hung in the front room. The Vault-tec documentation is going on my Fallout shelf.

Oh great I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. I'm happy to hear it was enjoyed by you and your loved ones.

-Ash

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back