2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

Re: 2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now OPEN!

Anyone have any photos of gifts from previous years to get an idea of the kind of gift that should be sent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have any photos of gifts from previous years to get an idea of the kind of gift that should be sent?

Pretty sure Michael re-purposed the 2015 SS thread into this one but if you look at the 2014 thread, so will see the pics. Some people stick to the spending limit, while others go very very overboard (usually me included).

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=227085

Pretty sure Michael re-purposed the 2015 SS thread into this one but if you look at the 2014 thread, so will see the pics. Some people stick to the spending limit, while others go very very overboard (usually me included).

That would explain why I could not find last years thread to copy my interests from.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

That would explain why I could not find last years thread to copy my interests from.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Nope, but it does seem to have disappeared... :unsure

I recommend that you look at the old threads to get ideas. Part of the fun is investigating your recipient to surprise and bring a bit of Christmas cheer. Start with looking at their likes in this thread, then dig a bit deeper to see if there post history offers anything else. If you share interests, it can be easy to come up with a gift, but it can also be fun to dive into one of their interests that you have never seen. I have done this on a couple occasions and revisited movies that I forgot or have never seen.

In the past, I have given small props (Star Trek Earpieces, Pins, Patches, Rings), Custom Built Stuff (Wooden Magic Wands, Plaques), and commercially available stuff (Stuffed Animals, Coffee Cups, Etc..).

I have received paper props, artwork, licensed props, golf stuff, t-shirts, cufflinks, and cigars.

Remember this thread is NOT about the items that you receive, it is about doing something nice for someone else.

Merry Christmas
Brian

I think perhaps my interest list is a bit big, but I thought I should flesh my interests out a bit, seeing as I don't really have real threads here yet.

Michael, you got my adress, right? Thank you so much for doing this, I can't wait to see who I get as my recipient!

I think perhaps my interest list is a bit big, but I thought I should flesh my interests out a bit, seeing as I don't really have real threads here yet.

Michael, you got my adress, right? Thank you so much for doing this, I can't wait to see who I get as my recipient!

Bigger is better than too little! Nice to have some creativity and options from a Santa perspective. Hard when people only put 1 or 2 semi-generic interests (ie. Star Wars).

I'm in prefer to ship to uk please
interests are
Star wars OT/ FA (I collect any of the toy figures if that helps)
ET
terminator movies
harry potter
horror films
battlestar
jaws
bond

Last edited:

Im in, domestic shipping please (UK)

Interests are:
Star wars ( OT and TFA )
Dr Who
Lord of the rings/ the hobbit
Harry Potter

just a note, whoever i get will probably recieve a handmade prop not a bought item :)

I'm in, my first time! What fun, last year there were so many amazing creative gifts, what a wonderful and generous community! My interest include:

Props and models, I'm a builder, recently moving more into props than models.
-Star Wars
-sci fi weapons of most any kind
-Battlestar Galactica
-LOTR
-Most any 70s-80s sci fi really

Looking forward to the fun!

Have really enjoyed doing this the past couple of years, looking forward to seeing what happens this year!

Im in the UK - can post worldwide.

I will most likely make 'an accurate as I can in the time scale' prop for whoever I get! (but this depends on what your interests are).

Interests:
LOTR (inc The Hobbit)
Star Wars
Indiana Jones (received an incredible diary from secret santa before!)
Harry Potter
Handmade things
A fan of accurate paper props
Of course props in general such as little things used in the films,
mostly 1:1 props, not so much toys
Guardians of the Galaxy
Anything unusual

Thank you so much for doing this again Michael, you are awesome :thumbsup

I can't believe I almost missed the deadline! I haven't really been on this forum much since last year's Secret Santa, and I'm not sure if I would've even remembered to enter this if it wasn't for my brother. He's been wanting to participate in this every year since the first time I did, but I could never get him to actually sign up in time (he'd never been a member of an online forum). However this year he actually reminded me about it, and I helped him create an account in time :D I can't believe we almost missed the deadline!

Anyways, I'd prefer to ship Domestic, but if needed I can ship International.

Here are some of my favorite movies/TV series (somewhat in order)
Smallville
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Supergirl
Superman Returns
Arrow
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supernatural
Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Firefly

Marvel Cinematic Universe (especially Captain America)
Battlestar Galactica
(the 2004 series, never watched the older one)
The Walking Dead
Guardians of the Galaxy

Star Wars (especially The Force Awakens, but I also enjoy the Original Trilogy now, as I finally bought the Ep I-VI Blu-ray set and watched Eps IV-VI for the first time in 10+ years)
Scream (films 1-4 only, I haven't watched the TV show, at least not yet)
Jessica Jones (Netflix series)
X-Men
Fringe
Harry Potter
Independence Day
(I also enjoyed Resurgence)

Here are some of the types of things I collect:
Blu-rays (although I currently have over 550 movies and 87 TV seasons on Blu-ray, and I'm buying new ones every week, so it's likely I'd already have whatever you choose, unless it's rare/collectible)
Movie Posters (I have 10+ Batman v Superman posters though, so I don't think I need anymore of those :lol)
Collectible Figures/Statues (I'd love to have the 1/10 Kotobukiya BvS Superman, as I have the 1/10 Armored Batman that goes with it already, but that costs a bit more than $20)
Funko POPs (although there aren't many of these that I want/need, and most that I do want are pretty rare, like the Man of Steel Superman that I know I'll never get :()
Pretty much anything cool related to one of my favorite movies/TV series (especially things that are for display purposes only, like posters, statues, models, props, etc)

Anyways, I may edit my lists a bit over the next couple days, as I may have forgotten to add one or two movies/TV series. Now I just need to make sure I get my brother to post in this thread and PM Michael his address by tomorrow.

Count me in! Always wanted to take place in it but always forgot. I'll try shipping to the USA only this year. Things I'm into are :

Back to the Future.
Original Ghostbusters.
The Real Ghostbusters.
Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness.
The Rocketeer.
Star Wars.
Any of the Marvel Super Hero Movies.
Ash Vs Evil Dead.
DareDevil.
Indiana Jones.
The CW's Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow.
1989 Batman and Batman Returns.
Nolan's Batman Series
The Walking Dead Graphic Novels and Show

Wooh! Almost missed the deadline! Haven't been on the RPF consistently for a bit, so I'm glad I was doing some late night perusing. This is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season, so count me in again.

I'd like to keep shipping to the US if possible.

Main interests with a bit of info:

Marvel (Cinematic Universe, favorite being Cap)
Game of Thrones (Stark/Clegane as favorite houses)
LOTR & The Hobbit
Dragon Ball Z
Supernatural (TV show)
Dark Souls (Game Series)
Legend of Zelda
Fallout (Game Series)

But honestly I'm happy to get anything. Creativity is awesome, so run with whatever. Love all you guys. Time to get hype.

Last edited:

I'm in. I would prefer domestic, but can do international if there is a need.

My interests include props/memorabilia. I like Star Wars, Star Trek (TOS and the JJverse), Marvel Cinematic Universe, Indiana Jones, Pacific Rim, Stranger Things, Jurassic Park/World, and I'm currently super into Westworld on HBO so any "old west" type stuff would be cool. Oh, and Rick and Morty for sure.

My ideal, ultimate gift would be a Rocketeer helmet.

I also like handmade stuff, so if it's something someone can make that has to do with film or TV stuff that would be super awesome.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back