2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

I'll be over budget too(no regrets here) because I'm making something too, but idk how well it will turn out hah, so to be on the safe side I'll also be buying stuff that way I get to have fun and my recipient will get something I'm sure they'll like

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sometimes having access to certain facilities plays in your favor. I think I'll be over by about double, but I want the gift to be complete, so I ordered some pieces, and made another, it turned out really well so far. :) No store bought stuff though.

Last edited:
First time taking part in this and I'm super excited! I'm going a little outside the box to incorporate a few of my recipient's interests, hope they like it!

I ended up coming up with another quick little project to try to put together to go to my recipient. It's in the process of being put together right now, and will be super simple if it works...if not, then it won't really matter. This is just an "extra" to go in the package that I have put together, and it's largely just a silly little thing. I'm thinking right now, though, that it's going to work out!!

Initial set of pieces ordered. After I get part A I can take measurements to order more parts and then start modifying it. I'll be taking pictures for a build thread in case others are interested in building one.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

Well as far as I can work out everyone is building me something cos every post is talking to me. the stuff I'm shipping out is just about done. Gonna ship it out probably Monday. Merry Christmas all.

Well as far as I can work out everyone is building me something cos every post is talking to me. the stuff I'm shipping out is just about done. Gonna ship it out probably Monday. Merry Christmas all.

Right? I'm so curious to see what everyone is making. Hmm, should I put the return address on the package? I guess that makes things less Secret, but I think I'd rather be safe in the event it couldn't be delivered.

Right? I'm so curious to see what everyone is making. Hmm, should I put the return address on the package? I guess that makes things less Secret, but I think I'd rather be safe in the event it couldn't be delivered.
I might put my name on the one I am sending. I plan to do a thread on how I made it in case anyone else is considering making one.

I didn't put my name on it this time, but coming from New Zealand, and shipped under our company name... it's kind of obvious. And... I did sort of put my name on the box... in code. ;)

I will be printing in a week or two. I am concerned about the heat in the back of a UPS/FedEx truck so I'm going to use either Colorfabb nGen or some PETG.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back