2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

Mark me received ! Lucky it showed up before I was in town this weekend .. so of course I opened it :)

So this great package of Star Wars fun showed up and was glad to see a model I have been debating doing a model since I have not done one since I was a kid. Well now the decision is made for me .. One XWing coming up for the Man Cave !
xmas1.JPG

I was stoked and could not wait to make my received posting .. but wait ..

The next day this package arrives also both had the RPF SS designation so all I can say is thanks Santa !!
xmas2.JPG

Ok now I do need help IDing this model .. It is a resin cast of some ship. I hate to say I do not know which ship this is ??
Any help from the Secret Santa crowd on the ID of this one.

Thanks for the great gifts ! Will have a great time putting this together.

What a great trip down memory lane! I have a real soft spot for Starlog magazine though I only have a few copies that I own. Looking forward to going through these two.

But it gets better...

My SS sent me two super-cool Star Wars prints *that he drew*. He also personally signed them. What a truly great gift and something I will display with pride! As luck would have it, I'm currently in the process of decorating my new office. Perfect timing!

Big thanks to my SS and to Michael Bergeron for putting this whole thing on. I really do look forward to it every year.

IMG_9312-19-12-16-05-04.png

So I decided to go ahead and open it up, before I opened it I shook it and didn't hear anything broken so I said what the heck, let me go ahead and open it up, thank you very much Santa, I had been kicking around the idea of getting one of these. Many thanks :)

@Broilermaker, Pretty sure that's a custom paint job...and pretty amazing one to boot.

Yeah, that's an awesome repaint, here's the original.
5b53681f-0827-4cb5-81bd-fcfcc333ab1e_1.986f9f9e160808417ba754d74a6b8d48.jpeg
Awesome gifts so far everyone! Been making it so hard to wait, but I'll stay strong.

5b53681f-0827-4cb5-81bd-fcfcc333ab1e_1.986f9f9e160808417ba754d74a6b8d48.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I recognize that ship! It's from the game Destiny. That is awesome!!

Mark me received ! Lucky it showed up before I was in town this weekend .. so of course I opened it :)

So this great package of Star Wars fun showed up and was glad to see a model I have been debating doing a model since I have not done one since I was a kid. Well now the decision is made for me .. One XWing coming up for the Man Cave !
View attachment 691541

I was stoked and could not wait to make my received posting .. but wait ..

The next day this package arrives also both had the RPF SS designation so all I can say is thanks Santa !!
View attachment 691542

Ok now I do need help IDing this model .. It is a resin cast of some ship. I hate to say I do not know which ship this is ??
Any help from the Secret Santa crowd on the ID of this one.

Thanks for the great gifts ! Will have a great time putting this together.

Mark me as received. Picked it up from the post office today. The missus is trying to talk to me in to waiting until Christmas to open it... we will see if I can last.

Post office staff were confused as to why I was collecting for a Mr. L Hunter, but I got it anyways. It's a small parcel from Hong Kong... not sure if my SS is based there or if it was ordered remotely, but curiosity grows with every passing moment... Maybe she won't notice if I take a little peak...must resist...

I woke up bright and early today, not the kids this time. Dog barking at a delivery man! My wife tells me it's a box from a strange man, I'm not sure how she knows he's strange. ;) The kids made me open it, I swear! Inside I found a nicely wrapped box with cool RPF sticker on it. Oh boy! Then the kids made me open THAT, unbelievable peekers they are. Inside, my daughter exclaims "a box!" As is her custom. It is known.

That one one I chose to open of my own volition. :D what's this, what's this?? Sweet! My secret Santa has sent a metal earth millennium falcon, a Star Wars decal for my ride, and best of all a sweet 3D printed Rey blaster kit! Super rad! I've been tempted by one of these for some time, intending to try it as my first 3D printed prop. Strange and terrifying stuff this 3D printing business. ;) Thank you Kevin Gossett for making my day!!

Attachments

• IMG_9340.JPG
    IMG_9340.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_9341.JPG
    IMG_9341.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
I woke up bright and early today, not the kids this time. Dog barking at a delivery man! My wife tells me it's a box from a strange man, I'm not sure how she knows he's strange. ;) The kids made me open it, I swear! Inside I found a nicely wrapped box with cool RPF sticker on it. Oh boy! Then the kids made me open THAT, unbelievable peekers they are. Inside, my daughter exclaims "a box!" As is her custom. It is known.

That one one I chose to open of my own volition. :D what's this, what's this?? Sweet! My secret Santa has sent a metal earth millennium falcon, a Star Wars decal for my ride, and best of all a sweet 3D printed Rey blaster kit! Super rad! I've been tempted by one of these for some time, intending to try it as my first 3D printed prop. Strange and terrifying stuff this 3D printing business. ;) Thank you @Kevin Gossett for making my day!!

I'm glad you like it! It's my own personal model, and I believe one of the more accurate ones out there. If you need any assembly tips, let me know!

My gift arrived yesterday and even though I was planning on waiting until Sunday to open it, I got tired of listening to my wife bug me about finding out what was inside, lol so I went ahead and opened it.

I got a whole bunch of items - a couple mini star wars lego sets, a spiderman hat, a couple funko pop figures, a boba fett plush, a spiderman plush, an x-wing etching, a couple mini-posters (rogue one and guardians of the galaxy), and an RPF sticker :) I realize now I should have stated that I don't collect toys/figures, but I do have a couple of boys who I know will enjoy playing with pretty much everything that came in the box :thumbsup

Thanks SS :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back