2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

Packaged AND shipped!
Had a great time, I kept doubting my gift ideas and changed too many times. I'm happy how it turned out and helpful they will to.
What a great RPF tradition
christopher

Boxed up, wrapped, boxed again, postage paid for, and ready for the drop off at my local USPS tomorrow.

creepysanta.jpg

Nothing here yet. Ive had my HRSS gift which is Excellent (as seen in previous posts) and now waiting some what impatiently for my SS gift to arrive. You definately get a better class of gift on here, I guess its because we are all cut from a similar cloth so to speak. NO ARGYLE SOCKS HERE THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Unless your favourite character was wearimg some and your after that perfect costume..... I suppose..... each to there own.:D

I received mine today! I'm trying to resist opening it until closer to Christmas, so thanks to my Secret Santa for the spoiler warning before I opened the box too far. :) I'll be sure to report back once I do open it.

I'll be shipping out my gift as soon as I find the right sized box. :thumbsup

My gift arrived today.

It is, simply, the most amazing thing ever. I'll post pics when I get to my PC, because Photobucket links don't work very well on my phone for some reason.

Im just sitting here in awe, really.

Alright, so when I was taking one of my dogs out around 11:00 PM I noticed a box on the front porch...it hadn't been there when I was out there at 9:00 PM, but I thought I heard a vehicle in the driveway while I was watching TV. My mail has been arriving really late on Mondays, but I had already gotten the mail...apparently this arrived in a second truck that was out doing deliveries. Weird.

Anyway, it was fairly large and had some heft to it!!!

BEC89D44-E547-4C7A-8DA3-2CE7BC8DA9D4_zpsafnvgft5.png

I opened it up carefully, and found a lot of bubble wrap. It was packaged really well. On the top looked like an envelope of some kind...

CDFB375E-FF2C-4C34-BAFB-AD2370B0EBDD_zps0bfc5hv5.png

After opening that envelope, I was pretty psyched to see this...a custom made document folder...from HBO's "Westworld."

BAD8BCE5-42EC-4C79-B8B2-2E86D2CB6279_zpsonjy3jxp.png

Along with the folder was a map of the park printed on really nice stock.

BB249870-6DCE-4096-B845-253FA9507AAE_zpsrgupes98.png

Upon opening the folder, I found basically all of the paperwork that one would need to fill out in order to actually visit the park...lots of documents, printed on nice paper and cardstock,, a photo that shows the levels of the control tower in the park, and what appears to be a nice large vinyl decal of the park logo.

573CD9A6-9DB6-4B2D-BBA6-448731F1DDBC_zps0eyi8oik.png

Very, very cool.

To be 100% honest, I'd have been simply ecstatic with this gift if this was all that there was...but obviously you don't need such a giant box to send the folder and the map of the park, so obviously there was more to be seen.

There was a wooden box...the finger prints on it are all mine, and they are easily seen because the stuff inside this shipping box was still so cold from the temperatures outside. It's really nicely finished, with the Westworld logo in the center of it.

2B1A30D0-5F6F-41E6-B2FE-CD1614254D96_zpswxqyeuz8.png

At first I thought that this was just a nice piece for me to be able to keep the other parts of the gift in, basically a very nice way to store the paper items that might be more easily damaged if just left out and about.

Again, if this gift had stopped here, I'd have been more than happy...I'd have been thrilled.

So I opened the box to see what the inside of this document storage box looked like, and I was left completely speechless. Like, literally...my wife just looked at me and said "What is it??"

ED2ABE0F-7124-46B4-AB9F-43B9A271586E_zpspfikoy5i.png

It's metal with wood, painted really well, and sits in that case with a custom fit. It's just...unbelievable.

At this point, I'm still just kind of in shock. This is...without a doubt...one of the most awesome collection of props that I have in my collection. I'm going to have to figure out a great way to display all of it. I'm thinking I'll get a frame for the map, then the folder will end up going into some kind of protective sleeve just to keep it nice and perfect, and the pistol will be displayed sitting in the case slightly tilted up with the box lid behind it.

I'm beyond thrilled at all of this...it's just amazing!!!!

In what way did they go missing that you can't send them their gift?
Since it has been two weeks, I feel OK about saying what happened. They never sent their address to Michael which in turn means he was not able to send it to me. I hope the guy is OK, and not in a hospital or something.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back