2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

Damn, I missed out on this again. Ok does anyone who missed the list too...Indy Magnoli...hint, hint, want to participate with each other? You definitely already have my list, LOL.

Just need to know what you are looking for from Santa this year. HO HO HO!

As always, MTFBWY and LLAP and Take Care,

Rick Dalton

I'm really struggling with the finish on one of the pieces I've made...semi-gloss, or matte?? Which!!!!??? I started with semi-gloss, but it didn't really look "right" to me...so I went with matte, and that doesn't look right either.

I guess I might need to go and get some satin clear...

Yep ive been building for the past few days, ive used soooooo much spray paint ive literally been leaving all the windows in my workshop open, yeah i know i run the risk of getting stuff nicked but its better than constantly having to smell paint fumes!:lol

Oh and another thing (i know i'm alright saying this cause loads of people on here like it!) do you think that someone who like star wars OT would like a custom lightsaber cause ive been thinking about it but i'm nervous they wont like it that much!:lol

Im pretty sure they would. My son is lightsaber obsessed. At last count he had 52..... yes 52. If you like starwas you have to like sabers. Custom or otherwise. Only one thing troubles me.

WHY ON EARTH DONT YOU LIKE PAINT FUMES????????

HIGH light of my day..... :p

Im pretty sure they would. My son is lightsaber obsessed. At last count he had 52..... yes 52. If you like starwas you have to like sabers. Custom or otherwise. Only one thing troubles me.

WHY ON EARTH DONT YOU LIKE PAINT FUMES????????

HIGH light of my day..... :p
Yes I know, I used to LOVE them, but unfortunately my body has gotten used to those wonderful fumes and now the effects have worn off:lol:lol:lol

Heck, I'm only a so-so fan of Star Wars and I would be happy with a custom saber. The hardcore "canon" guys might not be as happy.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I likely not a recipient for the lightsaber as I didn't list Star Wars in my interests (although I do like it), but it sounds like a great gift. Way to go ThePropsPerson

Last edited by a moderator:
The base for the gift I am making gets here on Friday. I need to get the settings for these new filaments figured out soon.

Oh and another thing (i know i'm alright saying this cause loads of people on here like it!) do you think that someone who like star wars OT would like a custom lightsaber cause ive been thinking about it but i'm nervous they wont like it that much!:lol

I think that they would for sure.

Agreed!

Anyone who complains about a gift they receive in this SS should just not sign up again next year.

Can't "like" this enough! Over the years I've gotten complaints, some completely valid (one guy was sent a $2 button), but others just along the lines of "I didn't like my gift".

YOU ENTIRELY MISS THE POINT. It's a $20 gift exchange amongst people who are essentially strangers, not your damn mother. I know for a FACT that 99% of the people who do this take great care to try and give their recipient something that they'll love. That thought and effort counts for something and often results in something that the recipient loves.

Custom saber sounds like a great idea. :)

Can't "like" this enough! Over the years I've gotten complaints, some completely valid (one guy was sent a $2 button), but others just along the lines of "I didn't like my gift".

YOU ENTIRELY MISS THE POINT. It's a $20 gift exchange amongst people who are essentially strangers, not your damn mother. I know for a FACT that 99% of the people who do this take great care to try and give their recipient something that they'll love. That thought and effort counts for something and often results in something that the recipient loves.

Custom saber sounds like a great idea. :)
If they do not like it then they should put it somewhere and re-gift it next year.

I had an Epiphany today while working on my gift for my recipient. There I was whittling away on the lather and I had to think of which address I had posted to Michael for my gift to be sent to and thought "wait a minute...... not only am I having a blast making something for someone else to hopefully enjoy but I GET A GIFT AS WELL" I was having sooooo much fun casting and painting its just a big old bonus to know that someone somehwere is having just as much fun doing something for little old me.

And I agree.... anyone who moans about the gift they get (apart from the poor guy who got a $2 badge obviously..... who does that?) Really doesnt get it and should perhaps sit it out next year.

I love this exchange every year. Long may it continue in the spirit in which it is meant.

Merry Christmas Everyone.... and Happy New Year.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back