Diamond Select TOS Phaser Disassembly

Gorn

I have everything apart except the ring around the emitter on Phaser 2.
Someone said that there are clips on the ring 90deg to the seam.
I can't for the life of me get it off. I'm pretty sure you apply down pressure 90 deg to seam right in front of the spinning ring, but no luck.

I want to take that piece off, but don't know where the clips are. Can someone please demonstrate with a pic or vid?
I don't want to break anything else on this - have to repair the tiny clip that holds phaser 1 on to the body of phaser 2.
I also want it ready for Halowe'en! 50 years of TOS!

Thanx...

It's been a while but I think there's a clip on either side of the ring. I remember getting our's popped off with the help of a small, flat head screwdriver. Be warned, I've never seen it done without damage to the ring.

I have everything apart except the ring around the emitter on Phaser 2.
Someone said that there are clips on the ring 90deg to the seam.
I can't for the life of me get it off. I'm pretty sure you apply down pressure 90 deg to seam right in front of the spinning ring, but no luck.

I want to take that piece off, but don't know where the clips are. Can someone please demonstrate with a pic or vid?
I don't want to break anything else on this - have to repair the tiny clip that holds phaser 1 on to the body of phaser 2.
I also want it ready for Halowe'en! 50 years of TOS!

Thanx...

Gorn this may help you!

ringremoval-1.jpg

My thread below has lots of detail information.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=118370&page=15

Yup, this is sure the post that got me started:)
Gorn, as chances are that the one side of the two clip tabs will break, you can build the tab up a little with some type of epoxy and give the nozzle ring a chance to snap back in tight again.

Where can I get the nozzle parts in metal?

Also, I need another way to clip Phaser 1 into the Phaser 2 body - my nephew forcefully removed it, and the tiny retaining tab in the rear broke.
Would anybody be able to copy that tiny part and send it to me? I still have the spring.

Like the links Robin just posted this is the premo place for metal parts.
I think your nephew snapped the the retaining clip and most likely not the pin.
Tony at the re creator link Robin sent is a stand up guy and just may be able to help you with an extra if he has one. The only issue I see is he doesn't replace those clips on his builds and not have any laying around, There might be some ways to secure the P1 like velcro for an example.

I think the velcro will make the P1 stick up in the rear even more than the stupid battery compartment cover.

I think the velcro will make the P1 stick up in the rear even more than the stupid battery compartment cover.
Unfortunately that battery compartment can stick out more on some of these. I have sanded down some a little without doing any damage. As the front of the P1 locks in you might be able just to use a tiny strip of velcro way towards the back end pocket. Double sided tape could work or any thing you can think of.
I'm curious if this Diamond Select phaser is the first release with the solid blue clip's or the later clear one's.

Last edited:
PA260016.JPGPA260013.JPG
Solid blue.
Clear sounds like it might be stronger. Not that it would survive a 7 year old any better.

Had to be ready for Halloween, so this is a temporary fix, trust me - can't have a phaser that won't overload.

Last edited:
Actually the older version that you have with the solid blue is said to be stronger than the clear. But with a 7 year old boy it didn't stand a chance:facepalm
I can see the gap but as long as it works for halloween. You just have to get that candy!
Can you try cutting the velcro a bit back so it make more contact with the end of the P1 that curves up a bit and settles down a little more.
Either way as long as your happy:)

Yep, I get to shepherd the 7 yr old and his sister around the neighborhood. I'll be the dorky uncle who informs every house that Trek is "FIFTY YEARS OLD, CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?"

If anyone could make a copy of that plastic part, I'd be super obliged. Otherwise, guess I'll need to buy another phaser, take it apart and copy the piece myself.

...If anyone could make a copy of that plastic part, I'd be super obliged. Otherwise, guess I'll need to buy another phaser, take it apart and copy the piece myself.

Try using magnets, one in the P1 and one in the P2.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back