No-sew batman cape

Cjames3

So I have no clue how to sew and was wondering if there are any options or tutorials on how to make a batman cape that don't require sewing? I am not looking to spends hundreds of dollars on a cape at the moment either. Any one have an help they could provide?

Thanks

I sewed mine. Was the FIRST time EVER that I had sewed. So even a total numpty can do it. Black, on black on black hides all the mistakes.

Your best bet is probably some kind of adhesive if you don't want to attempt sewing. If you do though, and the cape material is on the thicker side, I would recommend trying a sewing awl. Most craft stores sell them cheap, and you can view tutorials on YouTube to learn how to use it. Best of luck to you on your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sewed both my Robin capes, one of them by hand.

But you could try and use hem webbing. You tuck it under where you want the hem and just iron it down. Works pretty damn well.

I literally just sewed my first cape today! The seams aren't perfect by any stretch, but black-on-black does hide a lot.

I've used the iron-on hem tape in the past, and it works pretty well. I'm not sure how strong it would be for something as large as a cape, but it's worth a shot.

I made mine in pleather so it's sort of heavy. The fabric was 55" across and I bought 6 yards to make a 6-panel cape. I'm shorter than 6 feet, however, so didn't really need the full 6 yards.

Most Walmarts or fabric stores sell a product called "liquid stitch". Great product and it's like $3 a tube.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I went and bout some fabric at a local hobby lobby. It is 5feet wide ams I got 6.5 feet of it. I'm only 5'10". This should work perfect for what I need

That seems very little.... I guess the design might make that amount work. Also depends whether you need to line up the 'grain' of the material

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back