Smithsonian: Save Dorothy’s Ruby Slippers

Considering how much stuff that museum owns that's rotting away in a warehouse they have nerve trying to raise money for anything. I'm surprised nobody in hollywood has put the money up.

My father took me to Boston when I was real small for a space exhibited. There was also a traveling movie props exhibite in the next museum over. So on our way out we checked it out, we saw a bunch of costumes and one of them was the slippers. I remember my fathers shock on how bad of shape they were in. This had to be... At least 25 years ago. I don't know if these are the same slippers, the article says 10 pairs were made. But the ones we saw were literally falling apart

I pitched in but denied these crap reward/incentives (Honestly, a 100 bucks for a poster? Get outta here!). It's for the love of film and film history, folks!

Sorry to necropost, but I just had to pipe in to say that my girlfriend's cousin works at the Smithsonian and actually curated this exhibit! I've spoken about it with him and the things he's seen ....... let's just say he's also been to the Lucasfilm archive

Sorry to necropost, but I just had to pipe in to say that my girlfriend's cousin works at the Smithsonian and actually curated this exhibit! I've spoken about it with him and the things he's seen ....... let's just say he's also been to the Lucasfilm archive

Well get him on here and start spilling the beans!! :p

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back