New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

What really matters is that Bandai need to make a big model of the Rogue One SD...

;-)

I have the Zvezda one, and it's great, but I think Bandai could make one that would really shine...
I don't know. If it ends up looking like the one that's popped up on the Bandai release thread, I'm.....not blown away. It looks like it's Avenger-derived, but with a chunky superstructure, and ugly-ass trenches.Honestly, if that's their offering, I'll stick with the Big Z. Which, incidentally, I'm now officially getting sick of drilling holes in :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Details of the repop now on Revell Germany site. Still says April (checks calendar....)

https://www.revell.de/en/products/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iv-vi/id/06052.html
"- Four-part fuselage with intricately carved surfaces
- Structured side walls
- Multi-part command bridge
- Engine replicas
- Display stand"
- Level : Ambitious
That may be the silliest description of anything I've read today. "Structured sidewalls you say? Dang, I was hoping for free-form, jelly-like sidewalls. Pass."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. If it ends up looking like the one that's popped up on the Bandai release thread, I'm.....not blown away. It looks like it's Avenger-derived, but with a chunky superstructure, and ugly-ass trenches.Honestly, if that's their offering, I'll stick with the Big Z. Which, incidentally, I'm now officially getting sick of drilling holes in :lol

- - - Updated - - -

"- Four-part fuselage with intricately carved surfaces
- Structured side walls
- Multi-part command bridge
- Engine replicas
- Display stand"
- Level : Ambitious
That may be the silliest description of anything I've read today. "Structured sidewalls you say? Dang, I was hoping for free-form, jelly-like sidewalls. Pass."
Sounds like a machine translation to me

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say "which is the standard of excellence and attention to detail we've come to expect from Revell"...but then I noticed that in fact it IS the German page, whereas I assumed it was actually the US or UK, so I withdraw my snark.
One thing I didn't mention about drilling holes - I've been working on the bridge face the last couple of nights, laying out my lights as closely as possible to the Avenger studio model (at this scale, some windows do have to be sacrificed sadly) and I am getting more and more impressed with that area. At first I thought it was pretty much generic shapes, with only a couple of major areas that were similar to the studio model, but almost everywhere I go on on the bridge, I'm finding I can look at my Avenger reference photos, and accurately identify where lights are supposed to sit in relation to features on the Big Z's face.

I was going to say "which is the standard of excellence and attention to detail we've come to expect from Revell"...but then I noticed that in fact it IS the German page, whereas I assumed it was actually the US or UK, so I withdraw my snark.
One thing I didn't mention about drilling holes - I've been working on the bridge face the last couple of nights, laying out my lights as closely as possible to the Avenger studio model (at this scale, some windows do have to be sacrificed sadly) and I am getting more and more impressed with that area. At first I thought it was pretty much generic shapes, with only a couple of major areas that were similar to the studio model, but almost everywhere I go on on the bridge, I'm finding I can look at my Avenger reference photos, and accurately identify where lights are supposed to sit in relation to features on the Big Z's face.

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Finished drilling the holes in the bridge and ran some fibers for a light test. Waiting on Tamiya handy drill to help with the rest of the drilling.

I'm happy with it so far except that the lights seem too white to me. I ordered what were supposed to be Warm White 10x5mm LEDs from ebay and i feel like these are not warm. I emailed the seller but haven't heard back yet.

Where are you guys getting your Warm White LEDs? Thanks

5pBzN5R.png

jrUdMSD.png

Yeah, those don't look warm white to me.

I got 50 prewired warm white LEDs from eBay seller giorgio11185 for $8.85. And yep, they are warm white!

Yeah, those don't look warm white to me.

I got 50 prewired warm white LEDs from eBay seller giorgio11185 for $8.85. And yep, they are warm white!

Thanks guys. So far the seller I bought them from has been non-responsive.. Guess I might have been bamboozled and hornswoggled, possibly hoodwinked. I'll give him a another couple of days to respond before leaving negative review.

Robiwon, thanks for the info, checking out giorgio11185 's store and I found the 50 warm whites, ordering now. :)

The Revell box is kinda....Eh...
But it's what's inside that counts! Can't wait for the US release next month!!!

not sure if I like what I did here.. ran 1mm FO to the small hanger. From the top it looks ok but from the sides I'm worried it might be distractingly bright. The pictures make it look worse though, its not as bright in person.

What do you guys think? I wonder if should try to diffuse the light or just plug the holes and find another solution.

uwmaWNw.jpg

5CR5Lec.jpg

3KtkjRy.jpg

not sure if I like what I did here.. ran 1mm FO to the small hanger. From the top it looks ok but from the sides I'm worried it might be distractingly bright. The pictures make it look worse though, its not as bright in person.

What do you guys think? I wonder if should try to diffuse the light or just plug the holes and find another solution.

View attachment 722594

View attachment 722595

View attachment 722596

Just change the resistor value until you find one that dims the light to what you want.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back