New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

The panel lines look recessed to me.

Also this excerpt was taken from the Zvezda USA site;
"as our production continues to expand, Disney and Zvezda have reached an agreement which grants us the right to distribute licensed products in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the United States."

TazMan2000

I think so, too.

Now THAT'S good news! That COULD indicate that we might be able to get the kit without much hassle. I'm lookig forward to December. Then we might know more. :)

I'm super happy to defer to you guys - I based that comment solely on the very first sneaky pics that Zvezda put out along with the digital renders. Totally agree those subsequent pics of the finished piece look much better than I thought it would, maybe just the way my brain meat was interpreting the way the light was hitting it.

The panel lines look recessed to me.

Also this excerpt was taken from the Zvezda USA site;
"as our production continues to expand, Disney and Zvezda have reached an agreement which grants us the right to distribute licensed products in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the United States."

TazMan2000
YAY! That is the best news yet!

Oh my...I think I just peed a little. And 80-100 euro? Damn, depending on shipping, way cheaper than I was hoping for. Looks like they've just about nailed the proportions too (although, in the last shot, the head-on, does the bridge look slightly oversized?).

Edit - can't stop staring at those...renders? - I think everything but the first and last shots are digital - No, no it does not look oversized - if the kit is as good as that, they've nailed this. Wow.

Last edited:
I tend not to rely on renders being what the actual model would look like. Nothing yet on either the US or Russian websites on whether this (and hopefully future models) will be an international or regional release.

TazMan2000

Those aren't renders, they're just low res pics with contrasty lighting. But I can see the texture in the paint and it has a wash applied.

Those aren't renders, they're just low res pics with contrasty lighting. But I can see the texture in the paint and it has a wash applied.

OMG, you're right! Inspecting the photos closer I do see some painting irregularities. I am soooo getting a couple of these.

TazMan2000

Staring at those way, WAY too long, my best guess was that the first and last are pics of the assembled kit, and the others are renders. First and last have some grit and schmutz on the pieces, while it looks like one wall in the hangar isn't quite assembled properly. The other pics have shadows that seem a bit too precise, and absolutely perfect corners and edges on all the pieces. REGARDLESS after decades of dissapointment with various ISDS, for once the more I see of this the better and better it looks. So, SO excited for this kit.

They are definetly all pics of the model not renders. If you enhance the pic you can see the sheet its sitting on in the first pic with the stand. :)

image.jpg

Ben

These are definitely not render pictures. As others said, paint and wash irregularities can be seen in multiple pictures, not just the first and last ones. This looks amazing, I am very excited to get this kit.

Chris

Yes, you can see the black cloth in all the pictures. So at the current exchange 80 Euro is a tick over $88!

3482i44.jpg

2le1lxt.jpg

2urbe9u.jpg

2u3w0hj.jpg

k4trhk.jpg

66fber.jpg

33artqb.jpg

I see they are using a retouched photo of the actual filming miniature for the box art. You can clearly see the stylized SF on the bridge.

2wew683.jpg

Last edited:
And the 80 Euros was the high end. Although, I don't know with what authority the author of the price spoke. He did mention 80 parts FWIW.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back