Anovos Tie Pilot Helmet has arrived

TK765

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Went home at lunch to see it.

20161020_115539_zpskjixm6be.jpg

http://s536.photobucket.com/user/hkytwnw/library/Anovos Tie Pilot

That actually looks pretty nice. Compared to my MC which has details so soft you can barely make them out, these details appear nice and crisp.
If I ever got hold of one, I would probably look at replacing the pill box for a less curvy one.
I'm not sure about those concentric circles on the ear boxes, I don't see them on the original props.
Are those details on the ears metal or resin, and how sturdy does it feel?

That actually looks pretty nice. Compared to my MC which has details so soft you can barely make them out, these details appear nice and crisp.
If I ever got hold of one, I would probably look at replacing the pill box for a less curvy one.
I'm not sure about those concentric circles on the ear boxes, I don't see them on the original props.
Are those details on the ears metal or resin, and how sturdy does it feel?

Only had time to grab some pics and will have to give it a good once over when I get home. The concentric circles are the reflection of the moat around the raised boss the aluminum ear piece sits on. It's on the originals but this helmet is so sharp it stands out when the light reflects off of it.

Feels pretty sturdy, similar to my TE tie helmet. As with all ABS stuff its pretty light.

With just my quick examination of it I am pretty happy with it. Glad I didn't order the Vader wingman painted otherwise I would still be waiting :lol

Now I've had chance to look at your pics on a laptop, I see what you mean about the reflections.
It does look like a great helmet, had I now already got 4 in my collection, I would have been all over this. I do have a TFA TIE on order, so I hope it looks as good as this one does.

Glad I didn't order the Vader wingman painted otherwise I would still be waiting :lol

Tell me about it. I flipped a coin (literally) & went with the Vader Wingman. Aaaaannd so I get to continue waiting. But that helmet does look beautiful. Post more pictures when you can.

Only had time to grab some pics and will have to give it a good once over when I get home. The concentric circles are the reflection of the moat around the raised boss the aluminum ear piece sits on. It's on the originals but this helmet is so sharp it stands out when the light reflects off of it.

Feels pretty sturdy, similar to my TE tie helmet. As with all ABS stuff its pretty light.

With just my quick examination of it I am pretty happy with it. Glad I didn't order the Vader wingman painted otherwise I would still be waiting :lol

I ordered the wingman variant, I dont mind waiting now that I see they actually exist and Anovos didnt do an Icons!

still sweating on the AT-AT pilot, I have a feeling that one will get pushed into Q1 2017 at the earliest...

Very nice looking helmet. I really wanted this and the At-AT helmet, but both were out of my price range.

Do you know how you plan to display it?

L~

TK765:

Thank you for posting up the detailed pics. I have the complete atat driver (and snow) on order so this gives me some idea the work quality. Received the shadow trooper helmet past weeks ago and posted some thoughts in the other thread.

What are your other personal thoughts on this tie helmet: display or troopable, can your hat size actually fit into helmet?, thin or thick enough plastic?
Any other things to know.
Thank you.

TK765:
What are your other personal thoughts on this tie helmet: display or troopable, can your hat size actually fit into helmet?, thin or thick enough plastic?
Any other things to know.
Thank you.

I love it, its made to be used. I have not tried to put it on as I was not sure how to adjust the band, but its the same size as my other helmet and that one is huge. Plastic thickness is fine, just remember these are like the originals, light ABS. The back box on the mohawk maybe looks to be a one piece mold with the white part painted on?

I bought this one to display and will probably put in a sealed case to prevent dust. I have a full size outfit on display and that gets really dusty being black it shows up quickly.

Comparision pic and a pick of my full size display.

20161020_223154.jpg
IMG_8252.jpg

Cool ways to display. Also got my OG trooping outfit on a full size mannequin in the office.
Appreciate the pics/review info. Looking forward to receiving my product orders.

Are the Imperial cogs supposed to be white on the regular and wingman helmets? The wingman helmet on starwarshelmets.com appears to have darker stickers but it may just be something darkening the white stickers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Are the Imperial cogs supposed to be white on the regular and wingman helmets? The wingman helmet on starwarshelmets.com appears to have darker stickers but it may just be something darkening the white stickers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Imperial cogs are actually silver in color, not white.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back