Custom Mogwai/Gremlins From TOTS Gizmo puppet

ScottyBates

Okay so I ordered a few of these little guys, obviously before all the pictures and reviews started popping up online. I managed to get fully refunded for one of them via Big Bad Toy Store on the grounds that I destroy it and send them a photo haha.

Ive decided to try salvage what i can to try make Gizzy and Stripe as tidy as possible with new eyes/re furring etc. With the destroyed Gizmo I'm going to try and make a entirely original Mogwai and Ill use the excess fur to clean up the other Gizmo and Stripe.

here's what I have done so far. Ill post some pictures of what my Gizmo looked like on arrival as well as updated pics of my progress.

Thanks for looking.
20161017_235733.jpg20161017_235756.jpg20161018_034551.jpg20161019_230524.jpg20161021_010002-1.jpg20161021_011636-1.jpg
I have re painted all the fleshy areas and added some new eyes. the ones in Gizmo took me so long to find and cost me a pretty penny but definitely worth it! Just need to finish his ears when I get more glue. Hopefully Stripe arrives soon so I can access the damage and see what I can do with him.

Looks great!

I might have to start modifying mine. Would you mind sharing where you got the eyes from and what size they were?

Thanks! The eyes In the white one were just cheap ones I got from ebay in a bundle, think they are like 26mm. They're just plastic but they do look really good, even more so with a bit of fx gloss

looks great. For some reason this version looks miserable and not as cute as Gizmo should though, I think it's the mouth, he's not smiling, I might get one and resculpt the mouth part....

If you trim and tuck the hair around the mouth, or even pull and re glue he does have a little bit of a lip curl. But yeh definately needed a more expressive sculpt. Dont know why they didnt give him more of a smile or even a sad face rather then just havin something not quite either... Give it some new eyes and a good tidy and it doesn't look too bad :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back