Nintendo switch

For the record, if it were $249 with an actual launch lineup, instead of $299 with a launch...game...I'd be a day one buyer.

As as it stands, I remain largely skeptical of the sustainability of a device like this.

Same with me. I loved the Zelda games up until the N64 era, but after a Link to the Past never enjoyed them. I'm not a fan of Splatoon at all. The games I am interested in aren't due out for months/years so I might as well do what I did with the Wii U and wait for a cheapy bundle deal to come along like the Mario Kart Wii U bundle which came with two games. If that hadn't come along I wouldn't have bought a Wii U at all. And yeah, Nintendo controllers have been ****e since the N64 era. I remember the N64 replacement controllers costing as much as a game and the analogue sticks would wear out in 3 months of regular play. My PS1 third party dualshock controllers all still work. If/When I get a Switch I will also be ordering one of those Hori Pro controllers. I had to order one for the Wii U when I first bought that as well, otherwise the system was unplayable for me.

Yeah I lost interest in Zelda back when they went with that stupid cartoon shaded style. Nintendo's selling point is the fairly low cost at launch but then you get messed over due to no games. It used to be you'd get a game in the box at launch, and there'd be at least 10 titles ready. Rumor has it stores are only going to get 20 units each for the console, even preordering we may not even get a system. Turns out one of their games that is hitting is a Sonic game that is on every other console too which isn't too impressive. They do have a mature game with : Binding of Isaac but you'd think they'd be hitting up square and capcom for something: bringing back megaman and castlevania as nintendo exclusives would do wonders.

Last edited:
i lost interest in zelda when i noticed it was just the same old stuff and the emotional element left.

I think twightlight princess was the last good one.

i still havn't beaten skyward sword. they'd work better if you didn't need thedamn guide to enjoy it.

I was looking at the other games gamestop is offering in the super bundle they have and most of them won't be out for months so basically you're preordering the entire catalog at launch. The only game interesting coming out other than zelda is a racing game that hits a month later. I googled 1-2 switch to see what it is and so far nobody is giving the party game good reviews, most say that 50.00 is way too much for it. Nintendo's fiscal year ends in march so i think they rushed this thing to get sales on the record to look good for investors.

Last edited:
I'm on board. im not concerned the lack of launch titles. That's pretty normal for Nintendo. Heck, even the PS2 had a pretty pathetic launch lineup. plus I usually hold off untill the first price drop just to make sure all the bugs are worked out (I'm looking at you 360...). I think it'll do better than the Wii-u just by virtue of not having Wii in the name. Half the people didn't even realize the Wii-U was new console and not just an add on.

i lost interest in zelda when i noticed it was just the same old stuff and the emotional element left.

I think twightlight princess was the last good one.

i still havn't beaten skyward sword. they'd work better if you didn't need thedamn guide to enjoy it.
I'm a huge twilight princess fan. But I have to say, link between worlds is quality stuff. It might be better than a link to the past

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Apparently it's getting skyrim of all things too. I'd love to see them get bethesda to make games just for the system in the Elder scrolls and fallout universe. True i remember the ps2 launch as i actually preordered half the games that hit at launch. I'd love to see them get square to put out front mission 5 over here or something.

As soon as I went over to my mom and dad's today my nephew was in my face screaming about this playing Skyrim. "I can play Skyrim in the CAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!" :lol So if they get it I'll play it. I liked most of the Wii games, though if I ever have to play Hello Kitty again... If my niece asks I will. I die a little each time though...

I'm only interested in Zelda and a possible Smash Bros. title. That's about it for me. So I'll be waiting until those games are out and there's a price drop. Getting consoles on launch, especially with Nintendo, doesn't seem worth it to me. As with the NES emulator box they released, they seem to be consciously under-supplying on day one. Seems like such an old-fashioned way of doing things considering there's a greater international market now. Just doesn't seem worth the hassle for me.

If it was a brand new Halo game it would be no different, IMO.

By the time I'm done with Zelda I'll have Splatoon 2....which has endless hours of fun. Then Mario, and 80 games in development. So your argument is vapid.
Im seeing the fanboyism here. Cmon, be real. Mario MAY come out in December, it could get delayed just like Zelda did. But if youre THAT much of a fanboy to pay close to 400 bucks to play ONE game, Nintendo is hoping there are millions of you so they dont look like a failure.

And I think you missed it in my earlier post when I said that I love Nintendo. I grew up with Nintendo. But do I agree with what direction they are going? No. Do I think they learned from their Wii U debacle? Hell no. Do I wish that they would just make a normal controller, and a normal console so I can play Nintendo games and other titles on it. Hell. Freaking. YES. And ssdesigner, please, if you and your friends are playing basketball at night, and decide to bust your switches out and start playing in a circle, please take a picture. I would love to see that. :lol

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only interested in Zelda and a possible Smash Bros. title. That's about it for me. So I'll be waiting until those games are out and there's a price drop. Getting consoles on launch, especially with Nintendo, doesn't seem worth it to me. As with the NES emulator box they released, they seem to be consciously under-supplying on day one. Seems like such an old-fashioned way of doing things considering there's a greater international market now. Just doesn't seem worth the hassle for me.
You and a ton of others. They dropped the ball hardcore with that. The other infuriating thing about nintendo is that I bet they arent lowering the price of the wii U, because they know some people will just buy a wii u for Zelda. Instead they are probably thinking "might as well buy a switch instead!" Its very devious on Nintendos part, and that bothers me. Remember when the dreamcast was failing? Sega slashed the hell out of those prices just to unload them. Nintendo refuses to lower prices on a failed, abanonded console. Its mind boggling.

Im seeing the fanboyism here. Cmon, be real. Mario MAY come out in December, it could get delayed just like Zelda did. But if youre THAT much of a fanboy to pay close to 400 bucks to play ONE game, Nintendo is hoping there are millions of you so they dont look like a failure.

And I think you missed it in my earlier post when I said that I love Nintendo. I grew up with Nintendo. But do I agree with what direction they are going? No. Do I think they learned from their Wii U debacle? Hell no. Do I wish that they would just make a normal controller, and a normal console so I can play Nintendo games and other titles on it. Hell. Freaking. YES. And ssdesigner, please, if you and your friends are playing basketball at night, and decide to bust your switches out and start playing in a circle, please take a picture. I would love to see that. :lol

Yup! I'm a fanboy :) But I don't pay Nintendo for older titles, and we can just leave it at that ;) $400 to play one game....ok, at what price point do you plan to enter the fold? Me? I'm not going to sweat $50 and wait until some bundle deal in December....I'm going to enjoy the hell out of Zelda, then Spa2oon this spring. Different strokes.

- - - Updated - - -

The other infuriating thing about nintendo is that I bet they arent lowering the price of the wii U, because they know some people will just buy a wii u for Zelda

You might want to get educated on things before posting. The Wii U has been pulled from the shelves.

I don't care at all what you think about this fact, positive or negative, but the fact that you don't know this pretty much shows where you are coming into this discussion.

Thats the thing, Im not sure Im going to be entering this fold. As I get older, I look for things with more value. What else could I spend 400 dollars on? Im not like that with just nintendo, but with everything. Its not just 50 bucks. IF youre a fanboy, youre going to buy the game, maybe even the special edition, a controller, and the system. Thats pretty expensive to play literally ONE game.

Maybe not in Minneapolis, but here in San Diego at my local Target they still had them for sale, I was there 2 days ago staring at it thinking about buying it. I also notice in your post you have quite a bit of a condescending attitude. Even if you were correct, and they got pulled from shelves, that would still prove me right that they never lowered the price of a failed console.

With comments like that, I am probably not going to discuss anything with you any further, because I feel like Im talking to a spoiled child anyway. I dont have kids so Im not used to having to talk to them, but when I come into this thread, I feel like I do.

With a simple google search, Walmart is still selling them, and so is Target... So...maybe you want to get educated before you start posting...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NINTENDO...30004&wl11=online&wl12=46645052&wl13=&veh=sem

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest complaint is the lack of a d-pad. What the heck! I'll have to buy the pro controller to get a d-pad.
See how much those are? :eek

The Wii U ceased production a few months back...maybe October???...however, as best I can tell it was not pulled from any store shelves. My local Target and Toys R Us both had them just last month. I looked specifically to see if the price had dropped because of the announcement of the Switch.

Last edited:
The Wii U ceased production a few months back...maybe October???...however, as best I can tell it was not pulled from any store shelves. My local Target and Toys R Us both had them just last month. I looked specifically to see if the price had dropped because of the announcement of the Switch.

Do a google search, it's been a thing for a month now.

With a simple google search, Walmart is still selling them, and so is Target... So...maybe you want to get educated before you start posting..

I said shelves. As in brick and mortar stores. Online is a completely different game. It's a warehouse, not a storefront.

I dont need need to do a Google search to know what I saw in a store last month. Thanks for the attitude, though! ;)
Exactly. I just said I saw it at Target and he refused to acknowledge that. And so what, what difference does it make if you can buy it from a retailer on line vs in the actual store. Someone is still selling them. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back