Nintendo switch

I'm a long time Nintendo fan so I'll have to get it eventually. I haven't skipped out on a home console of theirs since I was alive and breathing. I haven't stopped getting their handheld consoles since I got a gameboy Color for my birthday

I'm tentatively excited for the Switch. I've owned every Nintendo console (except the VirtualBoy and a few of those annual GameBoy releases), but as I've gotten older I play fewer and fewer games. What games I do play are almost entirely on my PC where I feel most at home among strategy games.

Nintendo really needs a hard pivot from the Wii/Wii U era (Wii U TV, really? By the time I picked up the console the feature was dead but the button is still on the controller), but I don't feel like I'm even in their market anymore. I really hope Nintendo can get their act together as they are one of the few members of the industry who consistently produce crafted and polished games. While I haven't loved a Zelda game since LTTP, I have sincerely enjoyed every Mario-branded romp and found them all charming and challenging. Now, if they could get their hardware and services (Friend Codes need to die a fire) to actually compete they'd probably be in better shape.

Anyone watched the Switch presentation? I liked it, not really sure about the games yet since they didn't announce that many, and with only 2 games confirmed a launch I'm not too excited yet, but yeah I liked it. Region locking being gone is great, especially since the Special edition for Zelda in Europe isn't as great as the American Special and Master edition + being able to import games from Japan. The price is really nice though for some reason a lot of shops in my country decided to sell it for €349, though I was able to get it for 309. And while not an important feature I like that fact that you can chose between the grey controller and the neon controller. Battery is probably gonna last 3 hours when undocked but it's not like I'm going to take it with me a lot. The only downside I can think of right now is the fact that online services are going to be a paid service, like Sony and Microsoft are doing now. The new Mario looks like fun, Sunshine is one of my favourite games so another Mario sandbox game is always welcome. Overall it looks fun, not great or amazing, but fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought the switch presentation was today?

anyone have a link?

personally, if nintendo is going to cause another shortage with fast presels...i have no problem sitting out for a while.
i'm getting too old to go to toys r us at 6am on launch day in freezing weather. last time i did it i didn't think i'd need my coat, and that was a mistake :).

personally, my game buying is relegated to first party games. after a lifetime of playing them 2nd andthird parties just are not worth checking out.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you played A Link Between Worlds? Direct sequel to ALttP, and very good.

i still have skyward sword to play. it's just a pain in the butt to have to read the guide and then do what the guide tells you so you get the full experience and don't waste time.

that's the one thing with these zelda games. past the snes series they are one and dones.

The presentation was last night. Amazon has been up and down with preorders, but I think most everywhere else is sold out online. And I still say you should try ALBW.

As for the Switch, I'm interested in Zelda, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, FE-musou, the new SMT game, and that new Squeenix game. But not enough to get at launch, I'll get a used one later.

Man, everything seems way more expensive than I thought. Also, according to the video, there arent that many confirmed launch titles. So far the only thing that impressed me was Link and Mario, but Im not buying a 300 dollar machine plus controllers for 1 game. Let me know how it goes though! The mario game looks amazing, however, I think its slated for 12/2017. Does anyone know the confirmed launch titles? Im still at work and it wont let me look up any videos or anything. :wacko

Last edited:
You know what? My Nexus 7 tablet is finally giving up the ghost and there isn't a single tablet out there that I like. Not like the Nexus 7.

Anyway, since I only use the tablet for watching movies on, perhaps I could get the switch as my new Netflix machine....Providing it's fast enough for it. (My 3ds is horrible for Netflix)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You know what? My Nexus 7 tablet is finally giving up the ghost and there isn't a single tablet out there that I like. Not like the Nexus 7.

Anyway, since I only use the tablet for watching movies on, perhaps I could get the switch as my new Netflix machine....Providing it's fast enough for it. (My 3ds is horrible for Netflix)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I didnt even know a 3ds could play netflix, thats pretty rad.

Mario Kart Deluxe and Mario Odyssey are currently the only exclusives it has that excite me. Confirm a couple more exclusives I want and I will buy the system at launch. At the moment it's still a wait for a bundle deal sale like the Wii U was when they released the discounted Mario Kart Wii U bundle.

Gamestop is offering bundles with no game, 3 launch games, or all of the launch games. I preordered mine there with zelda as none of the other games looked good.

I pre ordered switch and special edition Zelda... Worth it just to play it through and then resell if I'm not into it.... But this one may be a keeper if the games follow...

I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to accept that this is a $300 product.

Maybe I had just been really hoping that it would come in at the $199 or $229 type of price, but at $299 I personally don't see much value in it. Especially with myself having the same confusion that Snikt is having...are there really only like three games that are going to be available at launch? If so, that seems suspiciously to me like the EXACT same problem that Nintendo had with the Wii U...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back