Nintendo switch

I agree, I havn't been impressed with Nintendo since the 64... I havnt bought Nintendo since the 64... this looks to gimmicky, the whole "click" tag they use thru out, changing docks and controllers, all I could do is say "whoopty doo.." BUT it does have a kick stand... whoopty doo... again... :facepalm

Whaaat, the game cube was one of the best console ever x)

I certainly had more fun with my gamecube than with anything else.

Beyond good and evil
Luigis mansion
Windwaker
Twilight Princess
Eternal darkness

But it helped that I bought it right after a big breakup. I hadn't played video games in years and I was like, "screw you" I'm gonna enjoy life
Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can't xD

200.gif

Whaaat, the game cube was one of the best console ever x)

That's a fairly subjective comment. I had a Gamecube...again since launch day...and played like three games on it.

I agree with funboy...the 64 was Nintendo's last really great product.

I personally believe that their biggest downfall has been their blatant refusal to design any kind of working online system. The friend codes on Wii were so annoying that they made it not worth the effort to even try to play online with anyone else. I haven't played the Wii U enough to know whether it's actually any better. The fact of the matter is, though, in this day and age of PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, not to mention the various platforms on PC for online gaming, having anything less than the basic version of these is just...bad.

I personally feel that Xbox Live is the best online service...however, I have very limited experience with the newest version of PlayStation Network. If Nintendo could even put something in place that emulated the 2011 version of Xbox Live it would be a VAST improvement over the options that they have now.

That's a fairly subjective comment. I had a Gamecube...again since launch day...and played like three games on it.

I agree with funboy...the 64 was Nintendo's last really great product.

I personally believe that their biggest downfall has been their blatant refusal to design any kind of working online system. The friend codes on Wii were so annoying that they made it not worth the effort to even try to play online with anyone else. I haven't played the Wii U enough to know whether it's actually any better. The fact of the matter is, though, in this day and age of PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, not to mention the various platforms on PC for online gaming, having anything less than the basic version of these is just...bad.

I personally feel that Xbox Live is the best online service...however, I have very limited experience with the newest version of PlayStation Network. If Nintendo could even put something in place that emulated the 2011 version of Xbox Live it would be a VAST improvement over the options that they have now.

It really isn't, the game cube had literally the best titles, I spent years playing it, and the controllers remain the most comfortable controllers for me:

The most memorable titles for me where:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda Wind Waker
F-ZERO GX
Luigi's Mansion
Soul Calibur (with Link)
Viewtiful Joe
Starfox Adventure
Prince Of Persia
Also played the special edition of Zelda Majoras Mask

x)

And yes, the wii u has a better online system, but it's still quite limited. They try to remain the platform really friendly, so this is why they avoid online chats and things like this, which is good to be fair...

It really isn't, the game cube had literally the best titles, I spent years playing it, and the controllers remain the most comfortable controllers for me:

The most memorable titles for me where:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Zelda Wind Waker
F-ZERO GX
Luigi's Mansion
Soul Calibur (with Link)
Viewtiful Joe
Starfox Adventure
Prince Of Persia
Also played the special edition of Zelda Majoras Mask

x)

And yes, the wii u has a better online system, but it's still quite limited. They try to remain the platform really friendly, so this is why they avoid online chats and things like this, which is good to be fair...

It absolutely is a subjective comment. It's your favorite, that doesn't mean it's the best.

For me, it was essentially a paperweight. I got probably 100 times more hours played on the N64 than I did on the Gamecube. Probably more.

Limited online functionality isn't what MOST people want in a game system any more. They want to be able to flawlessly play with their friends without any hassles. They want to be able to chat with friends while they aren't playing the same games. It's simply become nearly a requirement that a game system have a workable, easy to use, and fully featured online presence for it to be recognized as a legitimate contender for adult consumers.

Don't get me wrong...I love Nintendo...I grew up on Nintendo...I've owned at least one version of everything they've made, including a Virtual Boy (ugh, terrible). I would love for them to release something that is going to make me want to go back and play their systems again...but without a functional online interface, it's going to be a hard sell for me to take it seriously as anything other than a replacement for gaming on my iPad.

I've long thought Nintendo's problem was it's fans grew up, but they didn't grow with them. The kids that grew up playing NES and SNES moved on to PlayStation when it was released, then moved to PS2 or Xbox when those came out...and then that divide has kept most of it's fan base intact...if you were an Xbox fan you most likely have an Xbox One now, PS2 fan you most likely have a PS4. Those companies grew along with the fans that had been gaming their whole lives...they give adults the games that they want to play (typically), while Nintendo has stuck to their core values and for the most part family friendly offerings. Sure, there are some mature titles on the Nintendo systems, but they are fewer and farther between than the other two players in the market.

For many gamers I feel that Nintendo has become the "other" console that they own, but they don't really know why. I know a LOT of people that play games...not a single one of them regularly uses a Wii or a Wii U. Their reasons for this basically boil down to "The games I want to play aren't on the console" and "I can't play it with my friends online because of the limited online service." If Nintendo can fix those issues, they'll be able to win fans back...because gamers WANT to love Nintendo. Unfortunately, they seem to stubborn to actually listen to that fact, thus far. Hopefully they can get that issue taken care of.

I thougth you said my comment was subjective. Yes obviously it all comes to people's preferences in the end.

I had every consoles, like literally, all of them. Even the commodore... My dad liked video games and we were playing with them regularly with my brother. We also had all PlayStation and Xbox. There were good titles on there but I always felt like there was some magic missing... I always thought Nintendo was different, and that they were proud of that difference. Sony and Microsoft kept improving their consoles while Nintendo was "creating new consoles". I don't know. I don't think there is any competition with Sony and Microsoft with Nintendo. They just do their own thing and they usually have quality over quantity. Not saying it's a better thing, just thought there is a more artistic side to it.

Concerning the online mode. If I really want to play online, I just go to pc. I never found that interesting to play Nintendo games online. And I like the fact you can't talk or chat. That avoid the random strangers that keep raging when they lose. They just want to avoid people cursing in their games. But now that they have a partnership. There's a high chance, they'll try to improve their online service. I personally like not being able to chat with strangers. I usually play multiplayer when I got friends over, and when it's online, I just have Skype on the side, no big deal!

Yes these too [emoji14] Tried to mainly mention Nintendo titles minus soul calibur
True, but the reissue was exclusive to the gamecube, and for a while, RE4 was as well. In fact, they had to make graphic concessions when they ported it to the other two (note that Ashley's boobs jiggled when she ran on the gamecube)

For me, the gamecube was the last great Nintendo console because they were still adding mature titles for "serious" gamers on the console.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. It will really be the games that sell me on it though. Like I always say, I'm not loyal to any console, I'll buy whatever has games I want to play.

Looks interesting. It will really be the games that sell me on it though. Like I always say, I'm not loyal to any console, I'll buy whatever has games I want to play.
Whereas I'm a zelda fan. The hard thing about being a zelda fan is that there's nothing like it.

And that makes you sad when you're looking for a new game.

The only thing that ever came close was beyond good and evil. But we're STILL waiting for a sequel.

hmm...I seem to recall quite a few third party developers who were supposedly partnering with Nintendo back when Wii U wasn't even released. So much excitement, they said. And when the Wii U was out, they bailed.

After the Wii U, I can't be excited anymore when they continue to make use of gimmicks in their consoles. I'm not digging any of those controller types besides the Pro. PoopaPapaPalps respects Nintendo for making gaming fun and accessible for everyone and not just a select niche group, but frankly it seems that's what's gonna end up happening. Again. Family gaming is dead. Playing with friends is dead (when it's not done online). At least that's the way it seems here in the west.

I hope it does better than the Wii U. I really do. I hope third party developers actually come through because Zelda, Mario, and Star Fox are no longer enough to make me buy a Nintendo console.

If the Switch could play Wii and Wii U games, then it could be more worth it, as I never played those systems. But I doubt it can. I would like to play the Zelda, Mario and Star Fox games I've missed out on.

I regularly invite friends to have a Wii U party x) Well not so much lately because of University. But it's far from being dead... I plan these afternoons rather often when everybody's free!

I think there hasn't been much third party developers, because they'd have to make extra codes for the extra features that were on the WiiU, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just because they couldn't be bothered... I just hope it will work out this time!

I regularly invite friends to have a Wii U party x) Well not so much lately because of University. But it's far from being dead... I plan these afternoons rather often when everybody's free!

I think there hasn't been much third party developers, because they'd have to make extra codes for the extra features that were on the WiiU, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just because they couldn't be bothered... I just hope it will work out this time!

What do you guys play? Im genuinely curious cause my friend that has a Wii U NEVER plays it, and it seems like it always falls back to Wii sports or Mario party...

We usually play Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Rayman Legends, Super mario 3d world, nintendoland sometimes. We spend the most time on Super smash bros though x)

What do you guys play? Im genuinely curious cause my friend that has a Wii U NEVER plays it, and it seems like it always falls back to Wii sports or Mario party...

I've limited myself to the first party franchises. zelda, mario, metroid, sonic occasionally.

that's about it and probably why it never gets used.

I've never been a fan of shooter games.
World Explording games are boring to me and take forever to figure out.
The lack luster 2DSide SCrolling drought has pretty much killed my love of video games these days.

I like simple pic k up and go stuff.

I've limited myself to the first party franchises. zelda, mario, metroid, sonic occasionally.

that's about it and probably why it never gets used.

I've never been a fan of shooter games.
World Explording games are boring to me and take forever to figure out.
The lack luster 2DSide SCrolling drought has pretty much killed my love of video games these days.

I like simple pic k up and go stuff.
I'm kinda the same. 2d castlevania and 2d metroid have always been reliable.

I can't stand 1st person shooters. I get nauseous when I play them

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back