Nintendo switch

Nintendo would better have replacement controllers available on day one. Those small ones are going to get lost ...

I remember back in the SNES days people would rip cartridges and place their contents onto a floppy and you'd have like a dozen or so games on one floppy.
... and for the Nintendo 64 there were third-party add-ons that took pirated CD-ROM's or Iomega zip disks.

To me, this looks like the natural sequel to the game cube. IMHO that was their last real system.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Nintendo would better have replacement controllers available on day one. Those small ones are going to get lost ...

... and for the Nintendo 64 there were third-party add-ons that took pirated CD-ROM's or Iomega zip disks.

I wanted to get one of those flash carts and just put all the games i own on one cart. i'm tired of waiting for nintendo to do the same.
they really should be offering multi cart collector items by now.

My only request is that they make the carts interesting looking like NES, Gameboy or something like that. All the carts they made after the SNES looked lame.

I think the use of cartridges is pretty obvious. Being able to take the tablet out. I mean CDs are big, you wouldn't be able to fit this in a medium size "controller". It's just so people can play inside the house and outside. I always found cartridges more reliable. All of my old carts work like a charm while I have a few CDs.. Well the years didn't do good to them!

Also, there are a few games that need revival:

Wave Race, 1080 Snowboarding, F-Zero, Metroid 3D, earthbound, Mach Rider, Diddy Kong Racing.... Fingers crossed XD

So super-psyched for this system. The WiiU had only a few games I liked, and now only one that I play regularly: Splatoon. So, the promise of Splatoon 2 is sooooo awesome.

My biggest concern is, will online play be a part of the take-it-on-the-go? If you can't join in online play without the unit docked at home, that's going to be a huge negative.

Another concern I have is how snug the unit looks to fit into the dock. People are going to want an otterbox type case for this unit for protection. This looks like it would make it difficult to dock back at home if in a protective case.

Ok, so out of however many people are commenting on this thread, would YOU take it on the go? Would you even do half of the things that were shown that the device could actually do? Be honest.

Ok, so out of however many people are commenting on this thread, would YOU take it on the go? Would you even do half of the things that were shown that the device could actually do? Be honest.

The screen is too big to take it on the go easily.

I'd use it in other parts of the house but that's about it.

I dont even take my 3ds on the go, so I probably wont do that with this one either, though it could be fun to take with me to friends. However I have always really loved the fact that I can play my Wii U games on the gamepad without the TV screen so others van continue to match TV, so I'm happy the Switch still had this feature.

That's part of the point. If I take my WiiU game Pad to a friends house.....Ummm, no. There's no use for it. It should have been where 8+ people can sit with their WiiU gamepads at one person's house network gaming. This was a HUGE fail by Nintendo. They throttled
the WiiU from the get-go, and subsequently choked out all 3rd party support.

This can't happen again, or wi have WiiU2

I would totally take it with me! Especially when I travel back to France, I can imagine playing it with my brother even!

Ok so out of people that answered so far, Neil would use it in the bathroom, emma would take it to france, and SSD said no, and Safuran said no too. So if that thing got broke, that nullifies the home console aspect of it too. Its like I want to like this, but it just seems like it ramps the gimmicks up to 11. Maybe Im too old and Im used to playing my games on a big screen with the comfort of a controller. *shrug* But this thing better have some games for it, or else they are going to go the Sega route and just license their stuff and not even make hardware anymore.

I agree, I havn't been impressed with Nintendo since the 64... I havnt bought Nintendo since the 64... this looks to gimmicky, the whole "click" tag they use thru out, changing docks and controllers, all I could do is say "whoopty doo.." BUT it does have a kick stand... whoopty doo... again... :facepalm

I would take it with me to work to use during my down time...we have some time when there is literally nothing to do but man our posts, so it would be pretty cool for that. I also would take it on vacations with me. Pretty much I'd treat it like I do my iPad.

However...using it "on the go," such as while going to and from work, or just over to a friend's house or something? Not at all.

0042fcfce51a589eaf9f83ca3e96af8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back