Terminator 2 T1000 police car build

t1000

Hi again folks,

Among our Terminator projects, here is the biggest one I think anybody on this forum has taken on. I am currently building the LAPD squad car that T1000 steals at the start of Terminator 2. My replica will be accurate, right down to a genuine used LAPD computer screen (where T1000 serches for John Connor). I have even had the period correct Californian licence plates made! The car is a 1987 Chev Caprice sedan, with a 350 V8 engine

Here are just a few photos. The build is just 6 months in, and I will keep the RPF forum updated as the build progresses.Enjoy

Attachments

• 1a.png
    1a.png
    1 MB · Views: 294
  • A (5).jpg
    A (5).jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 210
  • A (23).jpg
    A (23).jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Nice :D
A while back I was wondering why there aren't more replica vehicles.

It's definitely bigger than the screen accurate T2 Harley I'm working on, yours has twice the amount of wheels for one thing :lol

Where did you get your plate from? I'm wanting to get the license plate seen on Arnie's bike "9A7218"

Yes, the ebay guy who makes real embossed plates (not just a tin sheet with decals on it to LOOK like a licence plate, these are real punched out numerals like a real licence plate!). Go to ebay and search 'CALIFORNIA License Plate US USA Number Plate Custom ALU Embossed 1'

He is in Germany (I couldn't find anybody in the USA that could do old school Californian licence plates with real embossing). He is a very nice guy, very helpful, and will send them internationally, no problems.

Now you have got me thinking about getting one made for my Fatboy. Do you have any close up photos of Arnies Fatboy plate for reference??

Ive got one of the police red/blue light bars used in T2 in the garage. It was used on lots of 80's and early 90's films and tv shows. The old style police light bars from that era are getting very difficult to find as most were destroyed or converted to all red/orange for other emergency use when decommissioned from police use. When you find the light bar try and secure an extra set of red/blue lenses.

Yes, the ebay guy who makes real embossed plates (not just a tin sheet with decals on it to LOOK like a licence plate, these are real punched out numerals like a real licence plate!). Go to ebay and search 'CALIFORNIA License Plate US USA Number Plate Custom ALU Embossed 1'

He is in Germany (I couldn't find anybody in the USA that could do old school Californian licence plates with real embossing). He is a very nice guy, very helpful, and will send them internationally, no problems.

Now you have got me thinking about getting one made for my Fatboy. Do you have any close up photos of Arnies Fatboy plate for reference??

Great since Germany is right next door from me :D at least compared to Australia ;) I found his ebay store, thanks :D :D

These are screen used: http://www.screenused.com/index.cfm?item_id=9134
Used for background vehicles, the numbers are different and the rounded edge is way more rounded than Arnie's bike, but you get the idea.

Blu-ray screen shots I have fixed myself:
t2liccaps.jpg
Slightly "enhanced" on the right, originals on the left

I sort of did some "CSI image enhancing" :lol
t2csi.jpg
Had no idea what the small "dot" on the sticker was until I did some googling, the great seal of California.
I'm gonna create graphics for the stickers and print some. Both screen accurate ones that says 91 and also in-universe accurate ones that should say 97. And share them for free in the replica paper section :) then you can add that to your plate too if you like.

This is awesome!!!!! How would you copy the decal / stickers so I could ue them?? A screen printer shop or something?

Just thought I'd show you guys screen shots from the Terminator 2 scenes where the T1000's police car is shown1.png

16.png

5.png

20.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back