Disney Parks Imperial Comlink Bluetooth Communicator

Toa Quarax

skjfso80.jpgnswmc479786711.jpg

"One of the coolest items I found was the Imperial Comlink Bluetooth Communicator. A comlink is a standard handheld communication device used by the Empire. You might recall seeing it used in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope when Luke Skywalker communicates from the trash compactor with C-3PO.

This Bluetooth enabled device allows you to take calls and play music when connected to your smart device. It’s rechargeable and comes with a belt clip. Just to give you a sense of the comlink in action, I borrowed a replica Stormtrooper costume offered for sale at Star Wars Launch Bay to create the lead image in this article. Being a long time Star Wars fan, it made for an incredibly fun afternoon at the office."

Source: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...products-coming-to-disney-parks-in-fall-2016/

I picked one up this past weekend. Works pretty well and I'd say the price is right at $60. Now if they'd just make a Bluetooth Jedi Communicator I'd be happy.

If you don't get an answer by the time I get off work I'll help you out with that answer. The packaging looked somewhat like Anovos but I'm almost positive I didn't see their name and the price tag is all wrong for them haha.

The packaging is actually universal by Lucasfilm, which is something they typically keep consistent for "higher tier' items

Good timing, I'm going to Disney next week!

For those going to purchase it just remember the $60 price is right on for it. When I first opened it I was a little underwhelmed but had to get it in my head that it is what it should look like as a replica. Lately I've been buying higher end props and I didn't know what I was expecting lol. I think it was the black section rubber. Looks a little cheap at the buttons and feels kinda gummy.
In the end though it's worth it and I'd recommend picking it up.

can these be purchased online?

Most likely not. Your best chance is to download the "Disney Parks" app and try there. The parks app is different than the Disney Store. If you can't find it I'm sure whoever is going next will pick one up for you. [emoji106] Not sure when I'll go again but I'll probably go back early to mid November so if you don't have one by then I'll get you one.

Most likely not. Your best chance is to download the "Disney Parks" app and try there. The parks app is different than the Disney Store. If you can't find it I'm sure whoever is going next will pick one up for you. [emoji106] Not sure when I'll go again but I'll probably go back early to mid November so if you don't have one by then I'll get you one.

that would be awesome!! thank you!!

I checked the app earlier, did not show up. Does not mean it will not in the future,

It should be noted that not everything in the app is available for online sale. Some items are limited to the Parks only but the app is for you to find where i the park they are located.

As far as finding them in the Disney store; they do sometimes offer Park Authentic merchandise. For example, you can now get the Yavin medal on the Disney Store website, but it there is no real way to know what will and will not ever be offered. For instance, the Imperial Belt buckle is not on the website, nor were the plastic binder cuffs offered and many other products you can only get in the park.

Last edited:
This makes me wish that I had a smart phone to use the thing, but alas, I do not. It looks pretty neat, though.

Also, as for buying one, call the Disney Parks Merchandise Mail Order. You can buy Disney park products from the hotline as long as you know the name of the item and what shop is selling it, I've bought park things through the mail order line numerous times over the years. Then number is 877-560-6477.

As far as I know these are park exclusive like the remote control mouse droid coming in December. Just snagged one myself! Hope the rubber stands up over time, that's my only concern! Awesome for the price!

As far as I know these are park exclusive like the remote control mouse droid coming in December. Just snagged one myself! Hope the rubber stands up over time, that's my only concern! Awesome for the price!

Would you kindly post pics of the comlink? I'm going to disney next week, so I'm on the fence about getting one

Doesn't look that bad. I mean, it's not going to be perfect, but to that end, it's a functional prop replica that can be used in a sense to how it's used in the movie.

I don't think a replica prop itself could get better in that terms, outside of physical accuracy

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back