The Accountant (Post-release)

I caught this movie just after viewing the lackluster-ish 'Jack Reacher' flick.

I REALLY liked this film. The acting was super-solid (especially (some might say "surprisingly") Affleck's character), the story kept me interested, I laughed at the parts the studio hoped people would, & the action was really well-done.

I may go for a second viewing before it's gone, & I'll be purchasing the Blu-ray upon release. :thumbsup :thumbsup

This was excellent, really enjoyed it!

Some of the action (some) rivals John Wick, the overall story felt like some of the better Jack Reacher stories, characters were fleshed out, it never tried to be too flashy. The direction was great. A few predictable things along the way, and some not so predictable ones, and some genuine emotional moments.

The Barret does not dissapoint. I started looking at Gunbroker that night. The props in his trailer were also cool. Heck, his whole trailer was cool.

Just remember, Barretts (and other .50 cal rifles) are not only expensive to buy, they're also pretty expensive to feed. .50 cal ammo is not cheap, they'll easily run you at least $1/round.

Just remember, Barretts (and other .50 cal rifles) are not only expensive to buy, they're also pretty expensive to feed. .50 cal ammo is not cheap, they'll easily run you at least $1/round.

I wouldnt know the joy of walking into a walmart and buying off the shelf ammo except .45. My Ammo purchaces are things like .50 Beowulf, .50AE, .308 etc. Besides I would have to get the smaller Barrett as I live in Cali like you and did not own one before the ban. But yea.....spendy for sure.

I wouldn't know the joy of walking into a walmart and buying off the shelf ammo except .45. My Ammo purchaces are thinks like .50 Beowulf, .50AE, .308 etc. Besides I would have to get the smaller Barrett as I live in Cali like you and did not own one before the ban.

I feel your pain, while everything I own feeds off of off the shelf ammo I have too many different types I have to buy so it makes getting ammo in decent amounts hard unless I focus on only one caliber at a time. I know what you mean about the Barrett .50, it's a miracle the 2nd Amendment is even acknowledged in CA, but that's a conversation for another time and place.

i wonder how much the going rate is today for a barrett?

Just finished watching this.

I really liked it and it's worth another watch for sure.

It almost felt like a long pilot for a TV show. I wonder if they'll do a sequel for this. It certainly left it wide open for one.

Some things were predictable like
Bernthal is his brother
and I had a feeling that
the girl from the institute that picked up the puzzle piece would play some role later
but it was still a good movie.

Barretts are nice for sure. They're beasts though. I'd wager a bet that the people who can afford to own and shoot one probably reload their own ammo, and it's probably still expensive to feed.

I loved how he used it for at least one of its actual intended purposes when he
shot through the engine of two vehicles

Just finished watching this.

I really liked it and it's worth another watch for sure.

It almost felt like a long pilot for a TV show. I wonder if they'll do a sequel for this. It certainly left it wide open for one.

Some things were predictable like
Bernthal is his brother
and I had a feeling that
the girl from the institute that picked up the puzzle piece would play some role later
but it was still a good movie.

Barretts are nice for sure. They're beasts though. I'd wager a bet that the people who can afford to own and shoot one probably reload their own ammo, and it's probably still expensive to feed.

I loved how he used it for at least one of its actual intended purposes when he
shot through the engine of two vehicles

I must be slowing down. I didnt see the twists coming at all except I figured the Barret might get to stretch its legs.

Just watched it today on DVD, and totally enjoyed this one! Didn't catch the trailer back then and basically knew nothing about the story... basically agree with what Father said two posts up, it kinda felt like a Pilot for a ongoing series /franchise, which I 'd actually love to see more of.

The Airstream trailer was fun, especially all the goodies there... I mean, 'Action Comics' No 1 and all the trading cards in a drawer?! *lol*

This is a solid, entertaining crime-fiction flick with an interesting main character.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back