The Hobbit Coin Props

samiamuc

In the "The Hobbit" movies, multiple designs were used for the dwarven coins. Unfortunately, only 5 of these designs are available for purchase. I've caught glimpses of other designs, such as when, in the BOtFA EE, Alfred drops a coin onto the trigger plate of the trebuchet. My hope is to get all of the designs modeled in a CAD software so that anyone could 3D print them ( 3D printing in metal would look almost perfect) or, based on the designs, make molds to cast parts from resin. Or I could at least make computerized sketches, so that people could reference those easily. For that I'll need to collect as many close-up coin screenshots and photos from the movies, the bonus features, the design sketches, or anything else featuring any coins not in the sets already released. I'll be looking for these, but if you can find any of these, can you please post them?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back